For Sale - 6-Piece Finned Valve/Points Covers

figure8

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE: We have arrived at a price, which is $265 a set shipped. I realize this is more than most of you were hoping, but this is the cheapest we can do it on the first run. In order to do so we need at least 10 people committed to buying. Please keep in mind this is a 6 piece matching set, so in comparison to prices out there for lesser piece sets its on par.

We will be making no profit on this, it's just to cover costs. Garrett has put a lot of time and effort into this project so if your just gonna shit on the price please keep it to yourself.

Hey guys

Myself and forum member Wannabridin have been talking for awhile about finding a set of finned valve/point covers. Garrett(Wannabridin) has looked extensively for a six piece matching set. While he has been able to find finned valve covers, no such luck on matching points covers.

By luck last week I found some sets for sale on Instagram and let Garrett know. I contacted the seller out of Asia hoping to get a set. Unfortunately the seller did not accept PayPal and wanted money sent through Western Union. Garrett nor I were comfortable with that scenario.

So now we come here to gauge interest in anyone else that would be interested. We are looking into having some sets machined, but before we do we'd like to know if this endeavor would be worthwhile. At this time we don't have a price in mind, this is purely to gauge interest. If we get enough interest we will proceed forward with trying to get a ball park price for them. If enough people are still interested we will have them made and sold accordingly.

This pic is just an example of what we are going for, please post here if you would be interested. Thank You
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459443268.062876.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm visiting the machine shop this afternoon. I'm going to drop off the stock covers and ask them to quote the engineering and machining side and the discount we get at multiple quantities of sets.

Clearly, the more sets we make up front, the more we offset the setup prices. My shop is pretty darn affordable, especially with things like 6061.

Just to be clear, we want to make covers that look like a factory option, as in rounded edges and fins that aren't too radically taller than the stock engine fins. I think these would look great, especially on black painted motors with polished fin edges!

A few years ago there WAS a USA guy doing all 6 finned pieces, selling on fleabay I think.

Those are the only other ones I've seen. I saw someone made a small lot of cast parts, but that was awhile ago, and in england.

Back