For Sale - 6-Piece Finned Valve/Points Covers

are these still being produced?
Short answer yes. Had lots of inquiries about these over the last couple months. We sourced these out to a guy in Germany. This gentleman runs his own full time shop but has been slowly working to make his own molds. We're hoping to have some in the near future, but like most everybody ha has a busy life to tend to as well. Anyone interested keep an eye out and I'll bump the thread when more become available.

Hope to have updated pricing and lead times tomorrow. As with the last batch, there will be a deposit needed. Once parts are produced, the remained will be paid prior to shipment.

Will update ASAP.

UPDATE

We are in a position to do a run of 3 sets at this time. If interested get ahold of @wannabridin and secure a set. Price is $350 plus shipping. As stated before we see little to no profit doing this so that is the best we can do pricewise.

Prices are fixed until the end of the year, after that they could change based on mtl price changes.

As Joel said, we need multiples of 3 to get the pricing. The mtl stock makes 3 sets each, so this is the only economical way to do so.

Lead times are 6 - 8 weeks, dependent on groups of 3 orders. So find a buddy and get to ordering!!

I need a guinea pig to test something for me.

I'm working on printing a set with a FDM printer and I'd like someone to test a new material. It's a carbon fiber infused nylon. Glass transition temp of 242 F, so it should be ok for the covers in these locations, and nylon has good oil resistance naturally.

So I need someone with a running bike to test these for me. If these work, then we'll be able to sell even lighter weight units for quite a bit less. I'll need the tester to provide good feedback on fitment and longevity. I'll provide replacement sets for this person if something isn't right size-wise. Tester will need to pop them off regularly to inspect for degradation.

Material is not readily paintable, but that doesn't mean that a proper primer could make it work. If left as-is, then the finish is of a somewhat satin black, like below. Also note that finish is not smooth, but is uniform.
U-1Cryw_RyvoKw2XzbRP4QrrW_vdKUC-ZSgRWg=w640-h480-p.png

XJWMX was going to ride his special from Kentucky to San Fransisco yet this year. That'd be a test! A failure mid Nevada could make a guy kinda testy don'tcha know?

Wannabridin, if you need an extra guinea pig. I will test a set in hot and humid South Carolina. I get to ride here all year long.

Back