Moabiker's Tall Tales

Moabite

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Supposed to arrive next week from Arizona. Will be my first time around vertical twin. I ride a 81 Suzuki GS1100GK, a trials (Scorpa SY175) motorcycle, a few Scorpa 4Tricks ( bet you do not know what that is), my daily 68 Honda Cub (40 year newer Yamaha motor in it) for dog walking in the desert and a few mountainbikes. Last year I brought back 2 bikes from the dead that sat outside in Utah sun for over 30 years...a 1976 and a 1980 Honda 750. I remember in my youth growing up in the Midwest going to flat track racing( nothing flat here in Moab!) and probably gonna try and make a nice street tracker with the 650. Have not seen bike except picture. I may ask for some help as i see the forum looks active. I believe the 650 will be a very special and fun motor with lots of character.

Last edited:
We gotta see pics as soon as it shows up. Welcome to the sandbox!
Hey when i lived in Illinois i remember riding WOTA (wisconsin observed trials association ) events in Baraboo. Bought my first trials motorcycle from a guy up there...Steve Kirshner. Beautiful country up there for trials. Rideon. I was in NITRO ( northern illinois trials riders organization).

Last edited:
Off to work....if anyone has time google up Mineral Bottom, Moab and see where i get to shuttle some river rat's vehicle. Pretty kewl scenery, very very ledgy road!

Some of those rock formations look like the locations where they filmed some of those "Roadrunner" movies! (beep, beep!) :laughing: :doh:

Here is the bike that is supposed to show up.
IMG_4714.PNG

Welcome to the party, Moab! That looks like a great start to your project! Be sure to check the "Tech" section under the Maintenance and General Troubleshooting header, like "Buying Guide-Getting to know your bike". The Xs650 motor is a kinda unique 'aminal'. You're gonna have blast! Keep those updates and pictures (pictures, pictures, and more pictures!) coming! :rock: :bike:

Bike is supposed to arrive tomorrow,looks like from picture time to get the magic wand ready! Some really nice looking bikes here guys, lots of great ideas on fixes too...hope to make ya 650 lovers proud. Lots of parts gathering to do now. I kinda like numberplate/small led light as first search on 650 build ...anyone guide me to good source?

I used an aluminum numberplate off ebay, and modified a cheap ebay led projector.

Attachments

• 20180822_164154~01.jpg
    20180822_164154~01.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 270
Ya may as well make it myself (your bike rocks!)...as long as bike shows up. Bike did not make it here yesterday for unknown reason...hopefully today it arrives. I could post a pic of the (2) 750 i bring back from dead this year for you guys to see but i bet only 650's belong here...but i will slip some Moab scenery in at times...

Thanks!. I have a thread on here called sumotrack. There are a bunch of different things you can do to an XS. Look around at other bikes and decide how you are going to do yours and ask questions. I enjoy how different similar builds can be. Halfmile is doing a monoshock with champion seat and its completely different than I did mine. To me that is awesome to see.

Back