Moabiker's Tall Tales

This picture...see the crown victoria in background...if you search on youtube it drove Hell's Revenge trail...it is my buddy's car, who rents me spot for my motorhome. Pretty unique videos worth seeing.
IMG_20180907_164402.jpg

Very nice thread Moab - don’t know how I missed it.

I like long distance - I was eying those luggage rack / bag holders.

Pete

Last edited:
Very nice thread Moab - don’t know how I missed it.

I like long distance - I was eying thos luggage rack / bag holders.

Pete
All stock parts will be up for grabs. I will post pics of parts down the road sometime. So there is no key and i can bypass ignition switch easily, broke seat lock, but not sure how to get gas cap off and then want a cap with no key hopefully.

Gas caps are EASY on the specials, a paint can opener is PERFECT for the job.
6514269.JPG

To protect the paint cut out some milk jug, slip under front of cap area.

Actually a pin with a circlip on the end(like on needle jet) once I looked with magnifying glasses...sucks getting old... So clip off,knock pin out and, phew...full tank of turpentine to gag on...and neglible rust inside!!!!

Carbs look pretty good but I will reclean, check jet sizes, and look at plugs.
Front end needs attention...dropping forks an inch or so, numberplate headlight, flat track bend bars hope to get to look more street tracker than bobber but will only real way to achieve this is buy flat track frame and different shorter forks?
IMG_20180909_141010.jpg
IMG_20180909_134923.jpg

I think the seat and tank have a bigger difference on looks than anything else. I only modified my frame for a champion seat because I had a specific look I wanted. There are seats made to fit the stock frame, and some will say you "have to have 19s" to be a tracker, but I've got 17s so build how you want.

Check the 'Tech' section under 'Suspension' and look for the thread "Lowering front forks". You shouldn't need a different frame...

Are your forks much shorter than stock? Well i definitely like your bike and going for the same but different look from your bike's style.Owner of bike likes stock tank...will see what rear end owner of this bike i am building will want. I think he getting high pipes too. I asked him to comment here or ask questions as guys like ratranger's bike are great examples to follow.

Are your forks much shorter than stock? Well i definitely like your bike and going for the same but different look from your bike's style.Owner of bike likes stock tank...will see what rear end owner of this bike i am building will want. I think he getting high pipes too. I asked him to comment here or ask questions as guys like ratranger's bike are great examples to follow.
Thanks Mr. 59T...Probably just slide forks up and do it that way. Waiting on fork seals and tires so a couple of days before reassembly. Motor was supposed to vibrate excessively last old owner remembers from a few years ago. Maybe problem in carb tuning mostly?

Only like 13 of these in US, fun bike for out here..big change from any kind of 2 wheeler ever made. If you google up Cyclepath Tours there is article by 4wheeler magazine when I took editor out for a ride. But as much fun as this is, the 650 has the Colorado River road and La Sal mountain loop that are as fun a place to ride as anywhere else . So now instead of working on bike I have talked myself into ride.
Rideon.
IMG_20180910_091702.jpg

The zx6 forks are about 1 1/2" shorter than stock, but the upper sits lower so the height difference is less. Overall I did shorten then kickstand about an inch to get enough lean.

Back