Moabiker's Tall Tales

The zx6 forks are about 1 1/2" shorter than stock, but the upper sits lower so the height difference is less. Overall I did shorten then kickstand about an inch to get enough lean.
Well...for now slide stock forks up an inch once new seals go in...because seeing what is up with motor more important for now. Carbs were off at purchase time...when battery shows up I will try and fire it up and see what old owner meant by excessive vibration.

IT IS ALIVE!!!!
IMG_20180918_144342.jpg
IMG_20180918_142851.jpg
IMG_20180918_143956.jpg

Check the charging system to make sure it works before you set off too far in the desert!! Nice bike btw
i am only out 100 miles(actually all these pics are from behind my back yard and it up a big hill so if bike died i could coast home)

Last edited:
I guess yo mama pipes on the way. Just got 140/90 16 new tire on back...just at 40 psi tire rubs, 35 psi it good!!! Just kidding but it was close fit...1/4 inch each side. Front tire time now.

Last edited:
Hi Moabite,
the photoshoot shows the bike stripped for offroad riding although I don't see a fork brace to replace the front fender's bracing function.
And I envy your back yard. That location explains how the bike got there with no seat, eh?
Also surprised that you got a 140/90-16 in your swingarm.
I had one 130/90-16 tire rub until I swapped the 38T sprocket for a 36T to pull the wheel back to get a tad more clearance.

Last edited:
Hi Moabite,
the photoshoot shows the bike stripped for offroad riding although I don't see a fork brace to replace the front fender's bracing function.
And I envy your back yard. That location explains how the bike got there with no seat, eh?
Also surprised that you got a 140/90-16 in your swingarm.
I had one 130/90-16 tire rub until I swapped the 38T sprocket for a 36T to pull the wheel back to get a tad more clearance.
It will be street bike only..i was just screwing around trials riding it after I got it started for the first time in over 5 years. well rats only 1/4 inch clearance each side rear tire pretty tight!!!!Put new tires on today.
IMG_20180920_120440.jpg
IMG_20180920_120526.jpg
IMG_20180920_120324.jpg
IMG_20180920_120225.jpg

On a bummer note...I burned the hell out of my calves on this bike wearing shorts and sandals on its first trials ride...if only I did not dab no problem...need to up my riding technique on XS650 trials bike.

Last edited:
Old owner had bike apart and complained of excesive vibration so when i put together bike i used liquid -filled isolation pads on motor mounts and can now put glass with water on seat, rev motor, and glass and water not move...dang video not load....hmmm...next up is to mount seat on bike and try test again!

Last edited:
work too hard lately, trials bike trail ride time! But this time not on 650 and not in shorts and sandals
IMG_20180921_090316.jpg

Those all your bikes? Wow cool collection.
the 2 Hondas and the 650 yamaha I building for a friend, everything else mine! The pics above are the La Sal Loop drive...60 mile loop up in the mountains and then along Colorado river back to town...90 F down here, 65 F up high

Last edited:
Back