1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Sold / Found / Inactive - 70-73 chain guard and steering bearing ball (just 1 needed)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jake650, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Jake650

Jake650 XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

The chain guard is a "really" big ask as I'm looking for one that is in good cosmetic shape. Mine has not only suffered a battery acid bath but also got some sizable dents.

Had a garage gremlin make off with one steering bearing ball. If someone has one rolling around they don't need I sure would appreciate you letting me know.

2. yamahama

yamahama '72 XS in Restoration XS650.com Supporter

Florida
    may have to re-chrome that one...might cost same or less than one that looks pretty new. Measure those ball bearings. Call a bicycle shop near you may just hand you one..I found a chrome plater but have been avoiding the *thought* of the cost...

Mailman likes this.
  3. Jake650

Good idea on the bike sop Yamahama. I'll give it a try Monday. As for rechroming. I fear that would be more than I paid for the whole bike.

Mailman likes this.
  4. yamahama

yamahama '72 XS in Restoration XS650.com Supporter

Florida
    measured the top steering bearings off my '72 XS...were 0.25" Exactly the size I have in my bicycle parts supply. I usually have a magnetic cup handy as those buggery always run away.

5. Jake650

Thanks Yamahama. As soon as I get the wife's washer back together I'm heading out to get a bearing ball.

6. Jake650

Yamahama... Great suggestion on going to a bike shop. Eleven cents is all it costed me. As for the chain guard, I'm going to talk to a powder coating company owner I have gotten to know and think I'm going with a silver ceramic coating.