gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hold my beer and watch THIS.

70 on fleabay.JPG

70 on fleabay.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131520378797?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

started watching at $1300 this morning,reserve met at $2000 two hours later.

:popcorn: :bike: :popcorn:

how did the shifter get bent like that? I guesse I will figure it out when its parked next to my 71.

I'm thinking it will go above 7K....maybe 8 that's a pretty darned nice survivor, awaiting dings from the eagle eyes on here of course!

...awaiting dings from the eagle eyes on here of course!

You rang?

how did the shifter get bent like that?

That shifter looks like the mis-bent offering from MikesXS.

Aftermarket pipes and mufflers.
No turn signals, but it DOES have that rare rear fender loop.
Correct taillight.
Damper buttons still in head fins.
Top/rear motor mount plates look chromed.
Somebody needs to be sent to remedial "handlebar cables/wires routing" school...

Yes the shift lever is bent out a bit but it's a correct early long shift lever with the bolt head on top. I think that is the shifter that mikesXS had reproduced, not the later shorter bolt head on bottom unit.

Yes the shift lever is bent out a bit but it's a correct early long shift lever with the bolt head on top. I think that is the shifter that mikesXS had reproduced, not the later shorter bolt head on bottom unit.

Here's a MikesXS shifter on the left, my XS1B shifter on the right.
As supplied, the MikesXS shifter is bent outward a little.
GearShiftB03.jpg

Are the bolt holes for the oil filter in the right place? Different than my newer one.

Yes. The 70-71 side oil filter bolt holes are at 11 and 5 o'clock.
eBay-1970XS1.jpg

There was another one that was much nicer and a lot more original sell the other day for I think over 8K

Back