1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - `72 frame with title and..................

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by roadcall, Aug 13, 2011.

1. roadcall

roadcall XS650 Addict

OK, lets see
    72 frame w/ title.......................$300.00
    `72 engine complete...................$500.00
    `81 engine complete...................$500.00
    81 tripple tree w/ forks................$100.00
    72 tripple tree w/ forks................$$50.00......only the lowers are good
    72 & 81 swing arms.....................$50.00 EACH
    81 tank.....................................$50.00
    72 gauges.................................$ 50.00
    81 gauges..................................$50.00
    19" front wheels..........................$100.00 EACH
    16" rear wheels............................$100.00 EACH

OR $1500.00 for ALL of it including exhaust system and side covers, wiring, Electrics, pegs
    seat, fenders, and all the rest of the stuff.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. jhud10

jhud10 XS650 New Member

i'll give you 100.00 for the title... you can keep the frame.

3. CalsXS2

CalsXS2 XS650 Junkie

Any chance I could get a close up picture of the horn mount. I cut mine off to bob it. Now I want to put it back. :banghead: Thanks.

4. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

Have you done a compression test or any work to your engines, if so what have you done and what is the compression.

Thanks

5. CalsXS2

CalsXS2 XS650 Junkie

So I guess that's a no on the picture.:shrug:

6. roadcall

roadcall XS650 Addict

The frame is at work, I work in a prison, cameras are not allowed in prison. Inmates have been using it as a project to build a bike out of a "basket case". When I get the bike home I will take a pic. in the mean time, its just a bracket welded between the two front down tubes.

7. roadcall

roadcall XS650 Addict

120/125 on the 81 engine. the 72 kicks over but no compression test as of yet. I can sell the bits of the engines for a lot more the the asking price. Just thought someone would want to do a rebuild on the 72 before I chop it up to pieces to part out.

8. rkoch

rkoch XS650 Member

Newbie here... What year of engine will work in a 78 frame?

9. roadcall

roadcall XS650 Addict

Any year will bolt in. Its the carbs that I found were a issue. The carbs on the 81 had a little tweaking, meaning I had to lean the engine forward install the carbs and trim off some of the top carb bracket to clear the rear down tube to mount the 81 engine in the 72 frame. Hope this helps.

10. Patches

Patches XS650 Junkie

Nope. Earlier model engines have different motor mounts then that later year models. For instance, a 81 motor will not just swap into a 72 frame or vice versa. A motor mount swap will not work either. That's going to have to be some custom shit.

Also, the carb boots are entirely different, not to mention different carbs. Not only for 81, and 72, but for 78 as well.

Roadcall, are you by chance a diver?

11. SangreDeDios

SangreDeDios XS650 Addict

Not true. throughout the years the mounting points on the xs motors are identical. All you need to fit a late model motor into a pre 73 frame are the correct 2 piece pre 73 front motor mounts. I have a 72 frame with an 81 motor sitting right infront of me.
    Carbs and carb mounts are a different story.

12. Patches

Patches XS650 Junkie

Front to back the dimensions are different, therefore the need for different motor mounts. I have two different mounting points on my engine rebuild stand. One for earlier motors, and one for the later.

13. Lots of stuff cleaned up in this thread. Please read the Classified Forum Rules before replying to this thread. Pay particular attention to Guideline 2.

:cheers:

14. neanderthal

neanderthal neanderthal

Do you still has the motor mounts?

15. Saggs

Saggs XS650 Enthusiast

I'll take the gauges if you still have them. I just PM'd you thx

16. PhatTony

PhatTony I love twins

roadcall hasn't logged on to the site since 09-09-2011. Don't think your gonna get an answer.

17. Saggs

Saggs XS650 Enthusiast

Thx Phat, guess I didnt look at the original post date

18. neanderthal

neanderthal neanderthal

lets hope he gets an email and becomes curious...