72 rims & spokes

magoo66

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Busy with the 75b and otherM/C interests tonight/today.Noticed an older thread a night or two ago on the rim#’s of 70-71vs 72.Not savey on those years but do have an original keeper rim from a 72.Original spokes and stampings.Just FYI as needed.🤝

Attachments

• IMG_5627.jpeg
    IMG_5627.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5628.jpeg
    IMG_5628.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 16
That would serve you well for sidecar use, better than the alloy one.
P.S.Don’t get hung-up on the side-car rim thing thinking.Please. I know more about this,and have way more experience than I’m sharing here. I did a thread and learned more and hopefully left a trail of friendships and particular experiences with the chair attached to my 75b.

P.S.Don’t get hung-up on the side-car rim thing thinking.Please. I know more about this,and have way more experience than I’m sharing here. I did a thread and learned more and hopefully left a trail of friendships and particular experiences with the chair attached to my 75b.
I don’t want to imply I know everything,However I do know wet paint,fabrication without documentation, and certain acute stress points of motor driven cycles just before they collapse or fly apart.

Well, when I was young(er) and wild(er), I had a sidecar on an alloy rimmed BMW, and I routinely broke rear spokes. I was pretty wild on that thing though. I slid it around corners a lot, and "flew the car" a lot too, lol. I finally "upgraded" that bike to a bigger, better one with steel rims, and never had another broken spoke problem.

Back