72 Triple Tree Removal Help Needed

Chewmaize

XS650 Member
Reaction score
What's up y'all? Here's what I got...

I'm stumped on removing the triple tree. No ideal what to do next. I've never torn down a 70's metric before (72 to be exact). I'm a Harley mechanic and have never tried to tear down a triple tree with a big adjuster. I'd just year into it, but I'm trying to sell the removed parts and am afraid of tearing something up. Please don't dog me too bad on what I'm sure is going to be an easy removal. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230829_140338.jpg
    20230829_140338.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 57
What's up y'all? Here's what I got...

I'm stumped on removing the triple tree. No ideal what to do next. I've never torn down a 70's metric before (72 to be exact). I'm a Harley mechanic and have never tried to tear down a triple tree with a big adjuster. I'd just year into it, but I'm trying to sell the removed parts and am afraid of tearing something up. Please don't dog me too bad on what I'm sure is going to be an easy removal. Thanks in advance.
The damper rod extends all the way through.A tiny cotter or hair pin needs removed.Unscrew damper and pull out.Remove the large nut and lock and washer.Loosen bolt.Should pull right up and off.

Harley mechanics should not be working on these bikes. :laughing: As a vintage Japanese mechanic I for one would never work on a Harley
It just ain't right

Back