1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

73 TX650 Boyer Bransden Kit 00303 fitting: extra wires!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by TX650Jim, Sep 16, 2020.

1. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

Yes.

2. 650Skull

I think this was an after thought from the XS1/2 wiring loom ........when Yamaha added the starter motor and starter cut of relay they just used the existing red/white wire from the kill switch and made it run back to the starter lever (through the solenoid ), where it makes a circuit only when the lever is pulled.........

3. TX650Jim

TX650Jim XS650 Member

Thanks, sorry I had read that thread and lost the plot a bit,.. basically I should just join the brown and red/white back together, they were once joined rather than connected,.. the earthing to the starter motor will only happen when the starter lever is triggered. It is in effect 4 wires coming together, these two and the coil+ and the red from the box

4. TX650Jim

TX650Jim XS650 Member

All sorted, started 1st press of the button?
    The left carb is flooding now!

5. TX650Jim

TX650Jim XS650 Member

Thanks for everyone’s input on this, looking forward to taking a ride out, sorted the carb, was a sticking float

6. 650Skull

Glad you got it sorted..........that thread isn't a tutorial, it was the thread that i started to get information to upgrade the XS2/TX diagram. I did this as there were 3 guys working on these bikes.

Start threads in the Garage. You will get more help from a lot of others, if you have any more probs.

TwoManyXS1Bs and TX650Jim like this.