74 TX650A Cinnamon Brown

mrmach5

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Restoring a 74 TX650A, and although there are other colors that I would prefer,
the Cinnamon Brown was a one year color, and I think the only color for US bikes.
So guess it needs to stay, Found the paint code,,,,,
# CBW 00N1 Cinnamon Brown, and even the Yamaha formulation,
First coat- Custom Silver B/C PNT-00000-00-82
Second coat- Cinnamon Brown Candy T/C PNT00000-00-N1
Final coat- Clear PNT-65000-04-00

Just not sure where you go from here, surely Yamaha won't have this stuff anymore,
are there paint companies that can cross reference these paint codes?
Or am I just taking the tank somewhere where to scan the color and come up with something close?
Thanks for any advice.

I found the paint code for my '75(star black) and asked my paint guy if he could match it. He didn't have any luck with the codes. I think they are Yamaha specific. Maybe a Yamaha dealer can point you in the right direction. I'm not rebuilding mine to put in a points show. Just wanted it to be real close. Took one of the side covers to the paint store and found what I think matches perfect.

Pretty much every year was one color for the 1st half dozen years or so. At least stateside.70 was green, 71 yellow, 72 was that pinkish/purple, 73 was that beautiful bright blue, 74 brown, 75 black, 76 light blue. I think they offered 2 colors afterwards.

I have a 74 also which has no color on it whatsoever. I asked in an earlier thread whether any different colors were available for this, as I saw on this site a catalog that seemed to show an optional "olive" green looking color. Some folks sent in picts that purport to show a metallic green color as well. Most of the info seem to indicate the brown was the only color available (US?), but I would still be interested in whether other colors were available.

I have a 74 also which has no color on it whatsoever. I asked in an earlier thread whether any different colors were available for this, as I saw on this site a catalog that seemed to show an optional "olive" green looking color. Some folks sent in picts that purport to show a metallic green color as well. Most of the info seem to indicate the brown was the only color available (US?), but I would still be interested in whether other colors were available.

I gave you all the information on the "Vagas Green" option in your thread.

Last edited:
Restoring a 74 TX650A, and although there are other colors that I would prefer,
the Cinnamon Brown was a one year color, and I think the only color for US bikes.
So guess it needs to stay, Found the paint code,,,,,
# CBW 00N1 Cinnamon Brown, and even the Yamaha formulation,
First coat- Custom Silver B/C PNT-00000-00-82
Second coat- Cinnamon Brown Candy T/C PNT00000-00-N1
Final coat- Clear PNT-65000-04-00

Just not sure where you go from here, surely Yamaha won't have this stuff anymore,
are there paint companies that can cross reference these paint codes?
Or am I just taking the tank somewhere where to scan the color and come up with something close?
Thanks for any advice.

There is a color chart from the Dutch site that states that the "Vegas Green" was an option for the US, Canada and other

Back