For Sale - 74 XS650 Bobber w/Dual Mikunis, Hardtail, Custom Paint, etc.

rcautox

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
1974 Yamaha XS650
Dual Mikuni carbs
Hardtail
Custom Silver & Black paint
Kicker only
Straight pipes
Custom leather seat and saddle bag with spare fuel bottle
Custom/simplified wiring with on/off and light switches only
NEEDS: Kreem in tank is starting to peel.

I bought her around 2 years ago from a guy who had built her up and wanted to move on to the next project. She had about 1500 miles on the build, I've added around 1000. I pulled the rear fender and speedo/odo but still have both. I just changed the oil and clutch pushrod seals.

I am only selling because I am being transferred out of the country as part of my job for 3-5 years. For sale until Jan 2nd at which point I'm on a plane and she's in storage.

Priced for quick sale at $3000 OBO
Houston, TX

Attachments

• XS650 2.jpg
    XS650 2.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 187
  • XS650 11.JPG
    XS650 11.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
PMA is a aftermarket charging system,PAMCO is a aftermarket ignition, both are upgrades to these bikes, Blue cats on live shad now fishin that is good now, NICE BIKE

Thanks for compliments! I'll have to get back to you regarding electrical system. It's fairly simple and reliable so I've been happy with it.

She has front and rear disc brakes but no rear brake pedal. Both brakes are applied with the front brake lever. I believe the brake master cylinder was taken off a Harley.

I will include a very crappy loading ramp and the original, factory manual. The straight pipes' black coating got scraped off while loading using said ramp. You really need a solid hill and/or a low truck....not a lifted 2500 and a gently sloping driveway!

Let's save us all some effort and keep in mind the cost of long term storage in Houston is very cheap. I will put her away in storage before accepting what I consider a ridiculously low offer.

I took a bunch of current photos of her last night.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg