'75 rephase, Pamco electronic ignition, not working, need diagnostic help :)

JNizza92

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1975 XS650 rephase that I am just getting put back together for the spring. I am working through the electrical right now and found that I have no spark on my right cylinder.

I checked the plugs, then swapped then, the no-spark stayed with the right cylinder, and the left cylinder fired, so both plugs are fine.

I checked the coils (with a multimeter) then swapped then, the no-spark stayed with the right cylinder, and the left cylinder fired, so both coils are fine.

I then swapped the spark plug wires, they were both fine, the no-spark stayed on the right cylinder and the left cylinder fired.

I am now looking at the electronic ignition unit, is there something I should be testing that I am missing? Is there a way for me to self-check the Pamco?

I have an email into Pete but he has not responded to me yet.

Thanks for the help,
Jordan

Attachments

• 401387_10200156178885400_1487508037_n.jpg
    401387_10200156178885400_1487508037_n.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 350
Yes, it is the 277* pamco, I will snap a pic later tonight when I get home. It is the rephase electronic ignition and the monster green coils from mikes XS

The 277 Pamco is basically two independent ignitions. Two sets of wires come out from the Pamco, one set runs the left side one the right side. I would check the wiring on the right side, If power isn't getting to the ignition or the coil you will not get spark. Check the wiring on the right side.
Leo

Sorry for the late response, school started back up again and homework has been taking up the majority of my time. Here are the pictures of the electric ignition unit.

I have sent THREE emails to Pete over the last two weeks and still no response.

As I said, check the wires on the right side. If there is a bad connection so no power is getting to the right coil or ignition then you get no spark.
Use your multi-meter and check the voltage on the red wire to the Pamco and the coil.
Is there 12+volts at both.
Leo

I am not sure the exact date, but it was less than two years ago.

If you email me back or message me on here we can get something figured out, I would like to maybe perform some diagnostic checks on it myself before sending it back if there are some checks that I can do to see if there is something wrong with the circuit board that controls the right cylinder.

Jordan

Back