75 xs braided brake lines

Those are rubber hoses. Unfortunately, there's not a big selection of aftermarket braided stainless lines for the early system because it doesn't use the common banjo fitting on both ends. You can find them but they're usually not cheap. The RD350 uses a very similar set-up. I'm sure you could find stainless lines for that. There's a guy on here with a '75 who did the stainless line thing but his name escapes me. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.

Try inline tube. They have the coated SS lines and fittings. Very reasonable prices too.

Try inline tube. They have the coated SS lines and fittings. Very reasonable prices too.
I went to inline tube website but after inputting the year when I go to make all I see are car manufacturers
I guess calling them might be the way to go
I'll have to get measurements and give them a call
*edit I will try Apex too just need to give the "lengths" with straight banjo bolts

Last edited:
I use separate lines with swivel ends and the appropriate banjo fittings, that way there is no stress on the line. If your running a single front brake you could use a 1 piece line.

I use separate lines with swivel ends and the appropriate banjo fittings, that way there is no stress on the line. If your running a single front brake you could use a 1 piece line.
What do you mean by swivel ends

What do you mean by swivel ends
The cap or female threaded nut swivels around the 37 degree flare or (seat). You rout the line as needed then tighten the nut. The lines in WideAWAKE`s post are swivel ends.

The cap or female threaded nut swivels around the 37 degree flare or (seat). You rout the line as needed then tighten the nut. The lines in WideAWAKE`s post are swivel ends.
got it thanks

FWIW, on my RD 350, a single piece Line does NOT allow itself to be routed as nicely as the stock hose using the short steel hard pipe. This because the caliper is in front of the fork leg, and the brake line needs to snake past the fender and fork leg.

Back