For Sale - '76 Softail Bobber.

Georelle

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to part with my beloved bobber. I bought this four years ago and have gone through this bike front to back EVERTHING has been rebuilt.
New wheel bearings, rebuilt front caliper, new pads, new brake master cylinder & hydraulic lines, speedo, rebuilt forks w/ new seals, removed excess tabs etc. on fork lowers, respoked rear wheel-both were professionally trued, custom forward controls, custom kick stand, new chain and sprockets, new rear brakes pads, solid state rectifier and regulator, new alternator brushes, totally disassembled and rebuilt handlebar controls, new cables, quality two part paint on tank and frame, powder coated chain guard & handle bar clamp and misc other parts. Rebuilt motor last summer including starter motor. replaced cam chain guide, starter gears, valve job, all seals, oil filters, clutch bolts.... and more. Fresh tune up just completed.
This rebuild has been well thought out. It all works. The pictures tell the story. I can send more pictures if needed, including motor rebuild, also check my photo album for more.
It runs great sounds awesome & gets ALOT of attention.
I will be listing it on Craigslist in the next day or two. but I thought I would post here first.

$3200.00

Cheers
Georelle

I HAVE SOLD THIS BIKE!!

Thanks to all here I'll be back.

Attachments

• rt front.jpg
    rt front.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 750
  • left_rear.jpg
    left_rear.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,135
  • left post.jpg
    left post.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,797
Last edited:
Did you do any front end mods? Or is that stock... Nice bratstyle bike exactly what Im aiming for... Looks good with the seat rails done that way different to most.. I like it!
And yes those rear shocks don't look like any Ive seen, nice and low.. How do they work? still enough travel to soak up the bumps?

Thanks for the compliments. The front end is stock. The only mods I did was cut the tabs off the fork lowers that aren't needed and got rid of anything else not needed. I cut the tabs off with a grinder and sanded them smooth. Then I just gave them a brushed look with a green 3m pad. Real easy to keep clean, just hit it with a 3m pad again and they're good as new. I am using the fender bracket as a kinda fork brace, and it works fine. The front fender is now the rear fender.

The shocks work great, enough travel for a solo rider that's for sure. I looked on MikesXS site and the shocks look like they have a black cover now instead of chrome. I am pretty sure they are the 11.5" Part #06-3608

Here's a link to my album from the old 650rider forum. It shows the frame mods:
http://650rider.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=360

Ride safe
Georelle

Welcome Robbo. The only thing I might change if I was to do it again is the top rear shock mount. I think I would weld a U bracket on top of the rear frame then just bolt the shock to that. I welded a pipe to the top of the frame and then welded a nut inside of that to bolt the shock to.

Georelle

I have lowered the price on the local CL to $2900.00 & taking reasonable offers. I would like to sell this bike with out going on ebay.

Back