For Sale - '76 XS650 Chopped Bobber - Runs Good, Clear Title

kent_in_kc

Heartlander
Reaction score
The Rocket Dog is for sale!

You can see it here:http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/Kent_In_KC/Rocket Dog/ The pics with the blacked out engine and flamed tank are the most recent.

It starts and runs easy, no weird noises. Good clutch, rebuilt carbs, Sparkx electronic ignition, electric & kick start (both good), okay WWW tires tread/brakes. Alligator seat and handlebar bag, front-mounted tool tube. I rewired the harness and made the pipes with lollipop (adjustable) baffles.

Turn signals have a short that keeps popping the fuse (haven't had time to chase it down), neutral light not working (think its burned out, used to work) and there is a dent in the rear end of the tank that needs bondo'ed.

Neck is raked 40 degrees but otherwise suspension is stock but with lower shocks. Stock swingarm and fork bearings feel good. Engine is stock. Doesn't burn or leak oil. Had recent oil change. Could use timing and better coils although it runs good as is (tuned by ear).

Red epoxy cast wheels with 130/90 16" rear tire.

Comes with several boxes of spare parts: gas tank, touring seat, swing arm, side covers, front and rear fenders, long forks, shocks, speedometer and misc.

It's a fun bike but I want to fix up my cruiser for a road trip we're planning.

I want $2500 cash. Bike has original title.

You guys are the first to know about this so let me know asap if you want it.

Kent

Back