Sold / Found / Inactive - 77 XS 650 for sale. Near Springfield, Illinois

ArcherSix

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
031.JPG 034.JPG Hello. After much consideration, I have decided to sell my 77 xs650. It hasn't been ridden in a few years, but it's all complete (minus a battery), if not stock.

Things I've added:
Hugh's Handbuilt PMA.
Dirt track handle bars
2-into-1 exhaust.

When I was running this, it ran great. All the new owner should need to do is an oil change, check valves, new battery, maybe new tires (these still look good), one or two mirrors and go. I did add little stubby led turn signals. Two of those are loose, you may want to put new ones on. I just hand signaled. The rear fender had been bobbed a bit and aftermarket tail light/license holder added.

I've included a pic of a tote you'll get with the bike. There are a bunch of things in there including: original; yellow tank (rusty), Front fender and fork brace from Mikes xs. Just never put those on. Plus other bits.

This bike has a clear title.

$1000 cash takes it. Open to reasonable offers. I won't ship, you'll need a trailer to take it.

I don't have a smartphone, but I'll check this website everyday. So if I don't answer right away, I will soon. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 560
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 552
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
Bumping and adding a few notes.

There are a few upgrades I forgot to mention at first. The rear shocks are new from Mixes xs. If I remember correctly, they are an inch longer than standard. Bronze swingarm bushing and roller steering head bearings.
Happy to answer any questions and I am open to offers. I would love to sell it here to someone who will appreciate it instead of listing it on craigslist or facebook.

thanks for the reply pschaefer. After re-reading my original post, I realized I haven't told everything about the bike. The tach and speedo do not work, and I do not have any idea of how many miles are actually on the bike. Also, the tach mount on the engine cover is cracked (maybe why it doesn't work?). Anyway, I do have a used right side engine cover with what looks like a good tach sender thing on it. There is also a new Mike's XS front fender, fork brace and some other stuff (I think there's a gauge cluster) in the tote that comes with the bike. The bike did run well when I was riding it a few years ago, but it does have issues. Nothing that will keep it from running well again.

Back