79 XS650 Tire Recomendations

I don't think there is a "best". This is an older mid-sized, medium powered bike without cutting edge handling. I don't feel top of the line rubber is required. Low to mid-priced tires work just fine. The inch sized 3.50 you have on the front is hard to find. Any metric sized 100/90-19 will work. The metric rear you have is correct and should be easy to find. Many of us run Shinkos, they're the new "cheap" tire today. I have a set of their 712's on mine. The rear is fine but I don't care for the front. I will try a different Shinko tread pattern front next time.

Yeah, check out the Shinko 712's on ebay and Amazon. I get the best price from Chaparral. These tires are drop shipped from Shinko warehouses, I get them one or two days after ordering, usually about 3 months from date of manufacture per the DOT stamp on the tire, so, I'm not getting a tire that sat on a dealers shelf for two or more years.

Scott

I like the Shinko 230 on the rear. 712's followed the grooves way too much. For me anyway.

thanks 5twins for the advice and to BajaKiter I ordered the pair you recomended and they already shipped.

Thanks guys

Good choice, good price. I would be very interested in what city they shipped from, on the shipping label, when you get them. Also, would be very interested in the DOT stamp dates of manufacture.

Scott

Back