79F Standard Rescue in progress

79F Owners manual does have a great schematic fold out on the back page.. (it's not a centerfold) lol

Attachments

• 20190116_061433.jpg
    20190116_061433.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 179
I'd be happy with a better, flattened, correctly oriented pic. We could work with that. I've collected up pretty much all the wiring diagrams I could find but don't have that one, only a '79 Special/Special II one. From looking at your current pic, I can see one difference already, the light checker. Your pic shows the simple 3 wire unit. The Specials have the more complex 7 wire unit.

Well there seems to be some demand here then. I'll work on this. Scanning & converting to PDF is not my forte however there are some very competent folks here in this US Digital Company.... will do

Just a large, quality picture is fine. Most all the diagrams I have are just pictures (jpgs).

Looks pretty good to me Randy. Its all about how big you print it (I'd do it on 11" x 17" paper).

A few in color the first is pretty close to your 79 major diff is the 77 has a headlight on off by the throttle.
these and more, found in the tech section.

77_XS650D.PNG

Euro 1979 XS650SE wiring.jpg

79_XS650SF&2F.PNG

Next question. Have any of you wondered about why there seems to be two different manufacturers of the turn signals ?
I've found both the IEMCA made in Japan, kind and the Stanley (made in Japan ) kind
The Japanese ones do have original Toshiba bulbs. Just as the original gauge bulbs are Toshiba. Replacements seem always to be Stanley.
In the turn signals, the Stanley versions do have slightly different sockets as well.
Even the lenses which are interchangeable have different molded lettering. This 79F is Stanley equipped throughout. My 78E is the other .
20190116_053800.jpg

Those bars would be much more comfortable if they were rotated just a little more, so that the ends point down. Upside down those bars are great, and just the right width for leverage on these small bikes.

Scott

Upside down those bars are great, and just the right width for leverage on these small bikes.
Like this ? Tempting to use on my other bike. Still undecided. They are actually nearly as wide as stock bars. Just a little wider than "Emgo Euro" bars I've really liked before .
20190114_184812.jpg

Back