94 Horsepower And 67 Pounds

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it and I even like the idea of electric motorcycles but I'll leave that kind of power to you youngin's.

94 Horsepower / 67 Pounds "top speed of 113 mph"

a power to weight ratio like an aircraft carrier catapult launching a jet fighter and a top speed of a UJM midweight?

these numbers are not in the real world

I see in the comment section below the article, some question if the 67 lb is just the weight of the frame. Hard to imagine that tires, rims, brakes, suspension, frame, batteries etc. could weight that little.

I'd like to see an electric bike without the typical plastic and "gas tank". What would it look like if it were purely functional and they didn't try to make it look like every other plastic bike?

Watch this, if you can.

http://www.speed2.com/racing-series/fim-e-power-international-championship

That top speed could be a national thing over there I guess. Purely eyeballing the fairing, if it could sustain 97 rear wheel horsepower, it should be good for 150-160 mph, as most 600 CC gas bikes have been here and beyond with power for the past 12-14 years, and top speeds on stock bikes are still around 160. At 120, there is around (don't go bat-shit on me here, I'm just throwing this out from memory of a long-ago tale) 1/2 pound per square inch of fluid pressure on the frontal area of the machine. That was calculated in Honda's wind tunnel off the CBR600F4, way back when. That's a lot of resistance to overcome, and the resistance rises at the square of speed, so a little faster takes a lot more juice. Consider that the difference between a box stock GSX-R1000 (164HP) and an AMA superbike of a few years back (192 RWHP) was less than 25 MPH top speed.

94 Horsepower / 67 Pounds "top speed of 113 mph"

a power to weight ratio like an aircraft carrier catapult launching a jet fighter and a top speed of a UJM midweight?

these numbers are not in the real world

If the numbers are real then the top speed must be governed. You know IF.

I see in the comment section below the article, some question if the 67 lb is just the weight of the frame. Hard to imagine that tires, rims, brakes, suspension, frame, batteries etc. could weight that little.

I'd like to see an electric bike without the typical plastic and "gas tank". What would it look like if it were purely functional and they didn't try to make it look like every other plastic bike?

I never said I believed it... I suspect the plastic body is the frame and it cannot be stripped down. Methinks a separate frame and body would have to weigh more than 67 pounds even in carbon fiber. Actually, methinks a unibody has to weigh more than 67 pounds but I'm in NC and not in Norway to prove otherwise.

I just re-read it Bill, and found out where it's parked. Photoshop. Hasn't actually been built, like over 20,000 aircraft and over 300,000 concept drawings of cars. I'm actually working with an engineer that had the balls to tell me something "worked on paper". Well the 117,000 pound aircraft ain't made of friggin PAPER! It's made of METAL. When it don't work on METAL, we can't exactly sign it off, now, can we?

I just re-read it Bill, and found out where it's parked. Photoshop. Hasn't actually been built, like over 20,000 aircraft and over 300,000 concept drawings of cars. I'm actually working with an engineer that had the balls to tell me something "worked on paper". Well the 117,000 pound aircraft ain't made of friggin PAPER! It's made of METAL. When it don't work on METAL, we can't exactly sign it off, now, can we?

Excellent points!

My brother makes single parts for military aircraft, submarines and other weapons systems as a tool and die maker. He has to deal with that it worked on paper or it worked in CAD thing all the time. There must be a lot of that when it comes to a complete machine.

Funny thing is, like most old tool and die makers he can usually read the prints and tell them it won't work before they order the metal but that never stops them from wasting the metal.

I would imagine the top speed has also something to do with the weight..

A 600cc sport bike has a lot more weight to keep it up to speed..a 67lbs bike would get thrown around by wind so much.

Back