A 23" Front Wheel?

Higgy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I saw this on CL, and I like the way the bike sits. I texted the owner and he said the front wheel is a 23". What do you guys think its off of?

Looks like a dirtbike front hub.

Attachments

• 00q0q_aritozmurSK_600x450.jpg
    00q0q_aritozmurSK_600x450.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 00101_5SS7Vqw7MJZ_600x450.jpg
    00101_5SS7Vqw7MJZ_600x450.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 240
Yeah I like the knobby look also. I really like the stance on that bike.

the hub looks like a Honda. my 72 xl250 has a 21" front stock. looks like that 23 doesn't give a lot of travel before hitting the lower tree. you'd be surprised how much compression those forks have.
a lot of guys here go with 21's without issue
hmmmm...knobs on a hardtail that vibrates like crazy.....no thanks. looks bad ass though.

I did answer. Your lack of comprehension isn't my responsibility to rectify. I'll dumb it down though.

23" wheels look at home on a dirtbike, and look cartoonish on a chopper in my opinion.

Here's some banter on 21" wheel handling:

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33135

Here's Plane_ben's 23" build thread:

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23725

My comment was in reference to aesthetics, nothing to do with handling. I just think the current trend in Japanese choppers with the 23" front wheels, massive stretch and drop seats are comical. Like I said though, just my opinion. I'm all for people building whatever they'd like.

Didn't need to "dumb it down". I just wanted to expose your total lack of knowledge about "dirtbikes". In this case, referencing a machine, specifically a 1979 Honda CR125, designed with the idea that FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION. But I'll dumb that down and just say, given the competition oriented bike in question, that style plays a secondary roll to performance. :banghead:

I really don't think Honda cared whether a "23" wheel looks at home" or not. :thumbsup:

Stick to what you know....cartoonish choppers.

Blah blah blah. I don't care if you validate my knowledge when I'm stating an aesthetic opinion.

Here's another one: you shouldn't let the internet get your mangina in such an uproar.

PS...my comment was a reference to the fact that 23’s make sense on a dirtbike because they have a functional purpose, numbnuts. And that I think they look absurd on a chopper.

But you keep on running your ball washer there kiddo. It's what you're good at.

Pretty blatantly clear you just need something to argue about though because nothing I said had anything to do with "knowledge" and everything to do with opinion. I figured it was common sense that I was implying that 23's have a functional purpose on a dirtbike. (Apparently that was obvious to everyone else. Heh). But hey. You're from NC. Common sense gets less common when the depth of the gene pool decreases. ;)

Slow day down in the dirty south?

Thanks for confirming what I already exposed. That being "your total lack of knowledge about "dirtbikes".

Like I said.....Stick to what you know (chopper aesthetics) and I will do the same (competition bikes and engineering).

Every once in awhile, I read something so absurd that it compels me to respond.

Well that was a wonderfully tactful response. Completely devoid of any supporting information that you know your own asshole from your elbow, much less have the right or ability to presume to know what anyone else may know about bikes.

In other words...." And you are...?”

The only thing I know is that you get to whining mighty quick. And you are an arrogant, presumptuous jagoff....a.k.a. a self proclaimed ”engineer".

93766022.jpg

Last edited:
Back