A bit of History "Pops" Yoshimira

Yeah I wonder just what the glue is, I'm guessing theadlock "super" yes, you won't have much time to get it straight?

Loctite® Threadlocker Red 271™ is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500°F (260°C).

yes I saw that too but it is hardly a DIY job Gary:laugh::wink2:

I got the impression that it wasn't just the problem of alignment and extreme precision in the tolerance of the fit there was also the problem of balancing afterwards.
Not something you'd do down in the garden shed lol

I'm mad at myself, I found a 50 ton press for under $200 and didn't move quick enough, now I can't find one much under $1000 I'm pretty sure the Harborfright 20 ton isn't going to be up to the job. I have some junk cranks I can play with before I'd move on to a "keeper"

How would this differ from crank welding? So you can take it apart if need be?

How would this differ from crank welding? So you can take it apart if need be?

well..... I think this mod is not really a DIY mod to be honest but the article says for racing purposes with revs over 10000rpm ,.... welding creates an unbalanced crankshaft . Not probably a problem to most of us who rarely see 5000rpm I shouldn't have thought :D

sorry Gary if my Brit humour offended you :D

Brit humour is often self-depreciating and difficult to understand .We Brits would do well to remember that not everyone appreciates our sense of humour and sometimes takes what we say too seriously.

I recently bought an exhorbitantly expensive little 10g bottle of Locktite which appeared to be completely empty when it arrived . I had to use a screwdriver to scrape a little off the bottom of the inside of the bottle hence the attempt at humour which you presumably didn't 'get'

i'll remove my little joke about the Locktite if it annoyed you :wink2:

Last edited:
Oh, we're going to balance it too. Without that the welding is as liable to help balance it as not.

I ordered a 0g bottle of loctite and when I got it, it was empty - Steven Wright.

Oh, we're going to balance it too. Without that the welding is as liable to help balance it as not.

I ordered a 0g bottle of loctite and when I got it, it was empty - Steven Wright.

thanks xjwmx I thought no one in the US had a sense of humour for a moment ...yours is wicked lol:laugh::thumbsup:

...Brit humour is often self-depreciating and difficult to understand .We Brits would do well to remember that not everyone appreciates our sense of humour and sometimes takes what we say too seriously...

Personally, I love the brit dry wit. Hours of monty python, bbc spoofs, working for Fred, the 'two fat broads' cooking show, and now the televised british comedies, I've developed an appreciation for the subtle intellectual twist. But it only works in the queen's english, not cockney.

I still remember struggling with some custom part, and Fred leans over my shoulder with the remark: "Are you goint to paint it gunmetal purple?"

Hurt MY feelings? You'll have to try harder. Did you already remove the wit? I missed it, put it BACK!

Hurt MY feelings? You'll have to try harder. Did you already remove the wit? I missed it, put it BACK!

glad to hear that .

The joke kinda worked better when seen in conjunction with the Signature in your post immediately above my post Gary .It was a response to your Signature.
Since you immediately removed your signature I assumed I'd offended you .:wink2:

xjwmx got it immediately and his response tells me he has the same sort of wit :laugh:

Back