A Doin's a Transpirin' in Kwakaland

MacMcMacmac

Failed Hedonist.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Kawasaki seems to be bringing back the Meguro name with the W800. It also seems to be shedding its motorcycle and motorsports division. Good news or bad? Bikes probably aren't doing much for Kawasaki's bottom line nowadays, no matter how good they are.

2021-Kawasaki-Meguro-K3-1-1-1068x534.jpg

I hope they sell a boatload. It might inspire Yamaha to actually build the Sakura:

2007110616.jpg

Maybe Suzuki could be bothered to put the S40 or revived Tempter motor in a TU250 styled retro/standard.

I read the other day about Kawasaki spinning off it’s motorcycle division. I thought that was curious after all this time. I realize that in Kawasaki’s world, it’s motorcycle production is small potatoes, but I think those very deep pockets has helped Kawasaki remain on the leading edge of motorcycle design, it has also probably helped them weather financially bad years. I sincerely hope that this move doesn’t hurt the brand , moving into the future.

Hory Clap. Hah to unnastan.
Seems to me the rest of the world got away from the vertical shaft and bevel gears OHC drive.
I would add a late 60's early 70's W2 to the stable if I could find a nice one. The Barber Museum has one and a really nice cut-away of the engine.

Back