This will be a very long project: I have psoriatic arthritis which affects my fingers, hands arms and so on, so I can never ride a bike again. My enjoyment comes from building stuff, even though it takes a hundred times longer to do anything, I still manage in my workshop. I can't manage hammers, screwdrivers and those sort of tools very well, and using them causes a lot of pain, so everything takes such a long time to do now. I bought an XS650 a while back, it was in terrible shape: Every nut and bolt was rusted, aluminium was badly oxidises and the upper engine case had chain damage, tearing the shifter drum bearing housing off. I bought new, second hand cases, punched the original number on , bead blasted everything, rebored the barrel, bought new pistons, rings, gudgeons, cam chain, gaskets, seals and quite a few other bits and pieces, had the oil tube, points covers, head nuts re chromed, polished the sidecovers, tappet covers, breather box, dipstick, cam chain adjuster and carb tops and bottoms. The cases, barrel, head and rocker cover were painted silver and the motor re assembled. The motor started up with the first push of the button and I synchronised the carbs using my homemade manometer. Unfortunately, I found it rather drab looking, so I tore it down again, blasted the paint off, re painted it black, re assembled it and started it up again, first push of the button and with the short pipes it certainly made a racket. The new timing light I bought has proved troublesome: It doesn't flash and the cuts running for some reason, so I'm stuck with static timing until I can find the problem. Whilst waiting for parts, I de spoked the wheels, the spokes were totally stuffed so they went in the bin. I ground the rim edges to smooth off the tyre lever damage, then polished them. The hubs were mounted on my lathe and trued up before polishing. I also polished the lower sliders, brake backing plate, top triple tree and brake hose mount. The switchgear was blasted clean, re wired and polished. I also removed frame tabs for sidecovers and seat, welded new sidecover tabs on and beat up some aluminium sidecovers and polished them to see how they look, probably paint them later as it looks a bit much. A new battery carrier, made from 3mm aluminium, was bent up, along with new rubber mounted carriers. Today I've been working on new 10 mm thick aluminium engine brackets which I've polished and bought some new stainless fasteners which I've also polished. Next job is the seat base. I have some 1.2mm sheet which I'll beat into shape. Once done I'll then blast the frame, paint it and fit the motor. I do all work myself: Spannering, paint, upholstery, polishing, tin work, etc. The only thing I can't do is chroming and sand blasting the frame.