A long, long project.

Guess I feel that what toglhot is doing with the limitations he is working through is nothing short of amazing.
If you hadn't taken the time and effort to understand the scope and motivation for his project just STFU might have been in order.

I could spot the risk of a 70 year old man driving out into the desert 30 -40 degrees Celsius
Rotor fries ... not uncommon --- battery goes down -- bike stops .He can be dead before someone finds him and comes with water.
Whats wrong with telling that ??
To the background the rest of the world is taking off the electric starter. Keeping the kick ..And has done for many years.

this place is a virtual barroom, not a personal blog.

So true Marty, when you post anything , you best be prepared for it to take a left turn at any moment.

“ I’ve never run anything but synthetic Colombian maiden oil in my bike.”
1355385B-AD23-4F39-8BD3-3131CBCEFD73.gif

But “seriously” that’s what keeps me hanging around! :laugh2:

toglhot does not and did not plan to ride this bike.
Every motorcycle rider takes risks every time they ride, the level acceptable to each is their personal decision.
But yes I have made my opinion known to those who choose to, let's say ride with no front brake.
The trick is to state your concern, reasons and let it go if the rider chooses differently.

Now Now guys. Stop talking about him. He is popping in every so often to see what we are all saying.......again at 630 pm....don't upset him any more than you have already

I got it wrong then Sorry about that ..Apologize for the Sloppy reading
I believed it was a Motorcycle for riding .. Then we are on the same page more or less
My concern for peoples well being honest intention ... cant be a " Deal Breaker " or how to put it.
Lets start over.again ..
Different opinions there for a short while ...that evolved to Consensus after a bit of Reasoning

Now Now guys. Stop talking about him. He is popping in every so often to see what we are all saying.......again at 630 pm....don't upset him any more than you have already
Agreed. Although 70yrs old isn't necessarily a good indicator of maturity, it does make 'im old enough to make his own decisions... which he's obviously done.

Untracked....

Now, on the doll, can you show us exactly where Jan hurt you? Seriously. For such a serious craftsman with tremendous talent, you have the fragility of Mr.Glass. deleted all your posts and then came back just to go at Jan again? Seems like you need another hobby friend. Maybe therapy? Do you know how many people skull has argued with? *entire community raises its hand* gotta get tougher skin around here friend, especially when someone was trying to help.

[QUOTE="JesseeS, post: 709536, member: 8337" Do you know how many people skull has argued with? *entire community raises its hand* [/QUOTE]

Whatever i said to upset you i apologize if it was out of line.............if on the other hand it was to correct something, make/voiced an observation that could have bad consequences, or offered advice that was con-try to what was wanted to be heard, and offense was taken then not my problem.
Being blunt is not necessarily an argument.........

Being blunt is not necessarily an argument.........
I have no problem with blunt. If I'm wrong I don't mind it being pointed out bluntly. If I don't agree at least I know exactingly why someone disagrees. I think I'm a big boy and can take a bit of critizem without loosing my cool. Some can't.

[QUOTE="JesseeS, post: 709536, member: 8337" Do you know how many people skull has argued with? *entire community raises its hand*

Whatever i said to upset you i apologize if it was out of line.............if on the other hand it was to correct something, make/voiced an observation that could have bad consequences, or offered advice that was con-try to what was wanted to be heard, and offense was taken then not my problem.
Being blunt is not necessarily an argument.........[/QUOTE]

Oh please dont get me wrong i didnt meant anything by it. Maybe argue was the wrong word. But you have been around here a long time, as have a lot of others. A relationship is bred out of common ground and sometimes advice is given, or there are differences of opinions, and that can turn into what would be a heated debate. I like reading what you write because you are blunt and to the point, for better or worse, which people could take offense to. All I was trying to say was thick skin is needed around here, because folks have good intentions and want to see the best, whether opinions are the same or different, but one doesn't need to be sensitive or pull moves like this because of what someone said. Just ignore it and continue on with life.

Oh please dont get me wrong i didnt meant anything by it. Maybe argue was the wrong word. But you have been around here a long time, as have a lot of others. A relationship is bred out of common ground and sometimes advice is given, or there are differences of opinions, and that can turn into what would be a heated debate. I like reading what you write because you are blunt and to the point, for better or worse, which people could take offense to. All I was trying to say was thick skin is needed around here, because folks have good intentions and want to see the best, whether opinions are the same or different, but one doesn't need to be sensitive or pull moves like this because of what someone said. Just ignore it and continue on with life.

Wasn't upset, didn't get you wrong. Made a statement based on what could be considered a generalization of a situation, namely "i have argued with everyone" when i haven't,........ but it could be said that i have argued with a few,..... a few more than??....., (some of those few have repeatedly made a repetitive claim, and if something is repeated enough times it can get ingrained in the mind of others then becomes a subconscious thought, so next when there seems to be a conflict that subconscious thought becomes a conscious one ), made pointed posts that have been misinterpreted and people taken offense to those misinterpretations.

Doesn't matter what is said in a post/conversation, if 4 or 5 points are made in that post, whoever, will find one point resonates in some sort of personal way, (unintentionally), it will trigger a defensive reaction and the response will be in offense. All the other points are not addressed when they could be more important to the overall context of the post.......

I stopped following this thread and the OP due to his response to a dangerous act involving someone else. offense was taken so not to put myself in that situation again, (knew that i would speak up if something along those lines were done again), so problem solved............obviously there is more to it from the OP from a personality situation, as the eventual outcome shows, not just in this thread but others as well.

Back