A Question about aftermarket electronic ignitions

To the original point. Those British bikes are now in the hands of high dollar collectors (and riders)
When a guys dropping 15K and up into a restoration/restomod. a couple hunert on an iggy is chump change.
Gary has a point there. Except not all people that have them are spending that kind of money (me). I think t goes deeper than that. 30+ years ago the Brit bike owners had them for the long haul. So the were willing to spend money to make them easier to own and ride. The aftermarket also realized they were willing to spend money to maintain and improve their bikes. 30 years ago very few people would spend anything to keep a XS650 running. Park it and buy something else.

I found it amazing how many electronic ignitions were available for my BSA/Triumph triple that were still being made. There were only 23,000 triples made. How many XS650 were made?
I went with a Boyer for the X-75. Have had good luck with them on my XS2.

The aftermarket support for old British bikes is nothing short of amazing. The passion for those bikes is strong. When I bought my old Triumph Bonneville and began to work on it, my carburetors were sloppy and worn, no problem I bought two brand new factory Amal’s, still in production, for my bike, and they were less expensive than all the parts I had to buy to rebuild the carbs on my BMW! I needed new switchgear for the handlebars, no problem, I could still buy brand new parts. It really was amazing. Hell there are even websites that cater to Vincent parts and they went out of business in 1959!

Back