a ride in the snow

- sure, but i guess only 2 wheels dont count
Hell ya 2 wheels count! I'm going the sissy route with a sidecar, but anyone who rides in the white fluffy on 2 get's mad respect from me :thumbsup: I know I post a lot of sidecar stuff but they are new to me and feels like starting all over again after being on 2 wheels for over 30yrs :D makes me feel like a kid again :wink2:

I love it gordonscott! I agree with pumps for sure.

i bet it rides like a black beauty too! ;)
Thanks Cheftay, It does ride good now with the leading link front end! I've learned alot with this rig and one thing I learned is with a sidecar reduced trail makes it SO much easier to ride, so much so I will not go back to a regular front end (or no reduced trail) ever again.

- my wife spoke to me last night about the possibility of converting one of my bikes to sidecar so i can take my son to kindergarten and later to school...havent had one of those in a very long time-used to have one to carry my tools, surfboard or kayak

- maybe this coming summer i will look into it as a project

- naya...lifes a beach, and then ya get married :D...at least the lines of communication are open :smoke:

gordonscott; said:
It does ride good now with the leading link front end! I've learned alot with this rig and one thing I learned is with a sidecar reduced trail makes it SO much easier to ride, so much so I will not go back to a regular front end (or no reduced trail) ever again.

My son and I cooperated with his build uniting a 74' Jupiter to my 76' R 90/6 BMW last year

It's a beauty, much loved and used. I must admit that I've been thinking along the same lines with one of my 650's...probably the 79 SF. Most intriquing is that leading link design Gordon. As I recall..... didn't you have some extensive info on how you built the one you're running your rig on now? Could they be recaptured/moved here? What might you do differently? Would you be willing to make another such for sale?

Here's a little video he did around that project. (Sorry, not XS related)

This is very much like the rig he's built and running around Norcal on btw.

http://jupiterhack.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-jupiter-side-car-examples.html

One vote for more of your very unique building examples/info especially sidecar related.
More please.....you might be surprised how much interest there is besides Roy, Barb,
Jayel, Yamaman, INXS, myself ??? Thanks, Blue

My son and I cooperated with his build uniting a 74' Jupiter to my 76' R 90/6 BMW last year

It's a beauty, much loved and used. I must admit that I've been thinking along the same lines with one of my 650's...probably the 79 SF. Most intriquing is that leading link design Gordon. As I recall..... didn't you have some extensive info on how you built the one you're running your rig on now? Could they be recaptured/moved here? What might you do differently? Would you be willing to make another such for sale?

Here's a little video he did around that project. (Sorry, not XS related)

This is very much like the rig he's built and running around Norcal on btw.

http://jupiterhack.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-jupiter-side-car-examples.html

One vote for more of your very unique building examples/info especially sidecar related.
More please.....you might be surprised how much interest there is besides Roy, Barb,
Jayel, Yamaman, INXS, myself ??? Thanks, Blue
Hi Blue, That's funny I've watched that vid a few times on youtube before! nice rig :thumbsup: The Jupiter is a classic looking chair. I've been real busy as of late but will post all info that I have learned with my outfit and how I built all the parts for it including front end. I will cover everything I can regarding setup, like lean out ,toe in and wheel lead. Also Velorex upgrade suggestions and how too's. I just put on the Duro 904 tires today and we are getting snow tomorrow so will post how they do in the snow and maybe a few pic's :D Just give me a little time to get all this info together because I have a lot to say on this subject :twocents: :rolleyes:

Just want you to know that I'm one of many who really enjoys, learns from and appreciates your work. Take your time....we'll look forward to more. Hope the Duro medians help. I think they will. They sure make a nice difference off-pavement/road.

Enjoy! Blue

Hi Blue, got the Duro 904 tires on (that you recomended:thumbsup:) and they are a hell of a lot better in the snow then the others :D I think they will do good on the dirt fire roads in the spring too, we'll see :bike:

One very rugged good looking rig Gordon. Yes.....I think you'll have a ball with that set-up off the beaten path this year. What a great camping/fishing rig! Very motivating indeed! Glad the tires fit your needs. Best, Blue

Quote: I know I post a lot of sidecar stuff but they are new to me and feels like starting all over. Unquote.

:bow2: Been following this build and you have done a wounder full and inspirational job, I went back through your thread last night (650Rider) and downloaded your progress on this from the beginning. ( Thanks Travis :smoke:), Watching you do this has made me interested in sidecars to the point of wanting one as well, :thumbsup::thumbsup:looking forward to your write up on your project.

Here is the link to the thread through the old 650Rider Gordonscott sidecar build

Back