a ride in the snow

:agree: I've always liked the sidecar bikes, but of course I like the bobber better :-D And together I don't think they are a good looking combo. Maybe I'll make a "bobber" sidecar.. interesting thought.

:agree: I've always liked the sidecar bikes, but of course I like the bobber better :-D And together I don't think they are a good looking combo. Maybe I'll make a "bobber" sidecar.. interesting thought.
Chopper/Bobber sidecar? Ya it might be cool :shrug: :laugh: Do it Jimmy, you won't regret it unless you don't like attention, because people will stop you everywhere to ask about your bike :wink2: I would love to see someone on here do a xs bobber/sidecar! Anyone else?

Hi Skull, thanks for posting that link, save me some typing :thumbsup: Skull, I'm glad that this thread has made you interested in sidecars, they are not for everyone. But some here may look at them in a new light if they see all the cool things that you can do with them. Besides they can make every day chores more fun like food shopping or picking up the kid at school etc.... And not to mention being able to ride in the snow :D P.S. pushing the little ones down the drive so she could steer, even though she could not see where she was going LOL...

Scott;
what you think about fzr wheels, hardtailed bobber, and homemade car like on the sporty? Big 190 rear tire, and car tire, with 130 front? all 17". maybe homemade forks??? That would give 8 pistons on huge rotors up front and 4 pistons on sensable sized rotors in the back. Dont know how much truith there is to it but have been told that hardtails are easier to dial in.

Wow, I don't know about riding in 12.6 degree weather. About the lowest I've gone out in was 28 and that was plenty frigid. I like many other posters hope alot of the good information from the old site makes it to this one. Many of you really helped me out with headlight/electrical issues, air box/carb issues, and fuel delivery. Gordon, the bike you have as your Avatar is one of the coolest setups I have seen.

Wow, I don't know about riding in 12.6 degree weather. About the lowest I've gone out in was 28 and that was plenty frigid. I like many other posters hope alot of the good information from the old site makes it to this one. Many of you really helped me out with headlight/electrical issues, air box/carb issues, and fuel delivery. Gordon, the bike you have as your Avatar is one of the coolest setups I have seen.
12.6 is cold but is'nt as bad as it sounds with snow suit on and thermals. Just like snowmobiling you just have to dress for it :bike: Glad you like my bike in avitar, it took me a week just to do bodywork on tank and to paint it:banghead: now I leave that to someone else:shrug: here are a few shots...

Scott;
what you think about fzr wheels, hardtailed bobber, and homemade car like on the sporty? Big 190 rear tire, and car tire, with 130 front? all 17". maybe homemade forks??? That would give 8 pistons on huge rotors up front and 4 pistons on sensable sized rotors in the back. Dont know how much truith there is to it but have been told that hardtails are easier to dial in.
Hi Roy, Sounds like it would stop on a dime and give you nine cents change :laugh: The big thing I found with setup is the change of weight in the sidecar loaded compared to empty, you have to find the right comprimize between the two. I would imagine the easiest setup would be hardtail bike and chair, then spring the body on the sidecar frame like old Harleys and such :thumbsup:

No doubt in my mind that you have the custom thing down to a tee..........xsjohn
Hi xsJohn, good to see you here :) we need all the vets from the old site that know there stuff :thumbsup: for those of you who don't know xsJohn when he talks motors you should listen :bow2:

Well maybe I'll do a sidecar on the next build. Unless I can convince the girlfriend to wear a WWII spiked german helmet then I just don't think she'd look right in it! :-D

Well, the forum index is still working at 650rider along with the search engine, so you can still retrieve stuff, copy and paste to here. A little tedious, but doable.

Hey everyone, Been out riding and having fun, can't let a little cold weather stop me :bike: Here are a few recent vids. First one is mostly pictures with a little dash in the snow and the second a ride in the woods. Rougher then it looks on film :D
and
p.s. I tried to embed video but could not do it! Anyone know how?

Cool!
To embed Utube, Go advanced reply, paste the last bit of the url, the part after v=
So this is one: V4uEO18_KJU then highlight that & press the Utube button

^^ good explanation.

Also check out Forum News and Info

There are a lot of useful (I think) explanations on how to do things in this site. The YouTube one is the currently the second thread from the bottom.

Back