a ride in the snow

Thanks Gordon, Not too bad for a $10 paint job. Got the paint for free just had to buy the thinner and a roll of masking tape. Oh, and the 12 pack I drank while painting it brings it to a total of $18.19.

I dont know how much snow time this bike will see. It doesnt like to start when its below 40 degrees, even with the deep-cycle battery in the car hooked up. The carbs need some work soon . Thats why I like twins, 2 carbs are a lot easier to get dialed in than 4. I still hope to find an XS over the winter months and have it hooked up to the sidecar by March.

Now I'm jealous, 4" of snow on the ground and all I have to ride is my sons ATC-70.

Studs arent allowed in Illinois anymore but I doubt you would get pulled over in this weather if your crazy enough to be out.

What kind of tires are those? I'm need something for my Scrambler but I'm too damn cheap to buy the Avon Distanzas or Metzlers that cost around $300 a set.

Now I'm jealous, 4" of snow on the ground and all I have to ride is my sons ATC-70.

Studs arent allowed in Illinois anymore but I doubt you would get pulled over in this weather if your crazy enough to be out.

What kind of tires are those? I'm need something for my Scrambler but I'm too damn cheap to buy the Avon Distanzas or Metzlers that cost around $300 a set.
Duro 904 http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/c...&keywords=duals&brandId=221&_requestid=485874 $66 bucks a pop! nothing but the best for me my friend :laugh: Now get that Suzuki running :D

Duro 904 http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/c...&keywords=duals&brandId=221&_requestid=485874 $66 bucks a pop! nothing but the best for me my friend :laugh: Now get that Suzuki running :D

How are those in the rain? My biggest complaint with the stock Trailwings is that they plain suck when its wet out.

That damn Suzuki wont start, I dont wont to spend my time beating a dead horse. As soon as I get Christmas bills paid off I am going to really start looking for an XS.

I am getting ready to start a Yamaha project soon. I am going to yank the motor out of my 78 DT-175 and freshen in up. Its a one owner that spent its life as a "campground bike. Never licensed or trail ridden. Its a little small and I have no use for it but I could not pass up a deal on a bike this clean.
DSC01415.jpg

Am I getting too far off topic? I have to remember this is the XS650 forum.:confused:

How are those in the rain? My biggest complaint with the stock Trailwings is that they plain suck when its wet out.

That damn Suzuki wont start, I dont wont to spend my time beating a dead horse. As soon as I get Christmas bills paid off I am going to really start looking for an XS.

I am getting ready to start a Yamaha project soon. I am going to yank the motor out of my 78 DT-175 and freshen in up. Its a one owner that spent its life as a "campground bike. Never licensed or trail ridden. Its a little small and I have no use for it but I could not pass up a deal on a bike this clean.
DSC01415.jpg

Am I getting too far off topic? I have to remember this is the XS650 forum.:confused:
Nice DT! Off topic? The hell with it, it's a bike right:thumbsup: The Duro's are good not great but good all around, better then you would think for the $$$. I just bought a xt600 last weekend with 7,000 original miles and can't wait to mod it up :devil: Hehehe... "Endurosidecar"! xt600 in pic not mine but see where I'm going with this...

That XT is one I have saved in my files. If I remember correctly it comes from down under since the car is on the opposite side.

I think an XT would be a great canidate for a hack. I have owned a couple but wish they made one with electric start, My bad knee is the kickstart side of course.

Some kind of utility-hack would be cool mounted to a XT.Maybe some kind of truck tool box mounted to a frame could provide dry storage. I set a small box on my Velorex frame when it was apart and it didnt look too bad.

I could be out doing donuts today if I had one :thumbsup:

Hey D, I've seen them with the utility body too and they are great for camping and such but the wife would never let me do it, she says she wants to hit some jumps :laugh: She see's sidecarcross and says "that looks like fun" :wtf: I say it looks like a trip to the ER :laugh: She just took these pictures of the newest pack member, she's a better wife then photographer... Better off blury so you can't see the grey beard :)

That picture made me lust for an srx600 but then I read it's on the slow side, considering its styling.

The SRX has about 40 hp stock & 375 lbs wet. I don't know how fast it will go. It's me that's slow though! There are some get more hp mods that you can do I hear but it's fast enough for me.

The thing that I read was obviously ragging on it. His friends left him in the dust or something like that.

What's it like to work on? It's a single cyl with four valves right?

Honestly I have not had to do much as the bike had like 5800 miles on it when I bought it last spring. I have put on a tire, front pads, changed out some of the rubber on the pegs and shifter, replaced the horn. It has a small leak on the top I'll have to sort out. It does have a 4 valve setup. Mine has a Supertrap muffler on it and I have the ugly and oh so heavy stock muffler.Test says it will do 106 mph. Here's some background on it.
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/motorcycle-reviews/2005-11-01/best-bets.aspx

Back