Abuse should not be tolerated on this forum

funky

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I recently received, what i could only regard as abuse on my thread about being in Florida.
This is the first time i have had this on this forum, and i must say I found it confusing to say the least as it was unprovoked.
The person who did this must feel very brave as i can assure you that his bravery is purely based on the ambiguity of posting from a far in the comfort of there home, knowing that he is to a degree unknown and masked by his tag
I am sure that if he was face to face with me he would have not said this to me as most bullies and cowards hide behind a mask of fear and can only hold there manhood cheap for abusing someone for no reason...there is no need for such things.
I hope that the moderators of this fine forum act on this as i am sure they will.

I have generally found everyone here helpful and polite, but as in all aspects of life's societies there is always one who's presents can only drag things down and revel in upsetting people or staining the good will of others. Sad people with sad lives. one can only feel sad for them.
All the best Funky

I agree 100% Funky, this forum is here to help all of us and to encourage us to do our own work on these great motorcycles, tearing down one is not right, I have great respect for you and many others here that brought me to a place with much patience to get me up to speed on these bikes and I'm still growing. So don't leave our forum over one.

funky,

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but on the other hand it only serves the intent of the abuser to post this. It's like the old farmers saying: "If I stopped for every piece of cow dung in the pasture I'd never get anywhere"

Pete, anymore to add to that saying? Just curious as to how that saying was started.
Can't say as I've ever heard it, and I probably associate with more ol' farmers than most on this forum.

I recently received, what i could only regard as abuse on my thread about being in Florida - - - he is to a degree unknown and masked by his tag - - -

Hi funky,
but you ain't in Florida, your tag sez Suffolk?
And the abusive poster's tag removes his anonymity to a certain extent.
It must have been a PM he sent you or we'd all have seen it?
Now, I'm not my dad who had a black belt in sarcasm, but I've had my moments.
What's this person's tag, that I may denigrate his vehicular modifications and lifestyle choices on your behalf?

@Pete, BWHAHAHAHA. . . . maybe he was known for some good ones.

@Fred, you are a helpful fella. I think the thread was "cleaned up".

Click on the red triangle below the posters handle and it will notify the moderators and they will censure and delete the post.

This is a rarity

The offensive post was deleted yesterday at another members request before funky started this thread. That poster "kind of apologized" also before this thread started.
Guys; it's an internet motorcycle forum, not aunt Mabel's tea and crumpets social.
Seeing as this thread is not motorcycle related it probably should be in the lounge.

If the issue was resolved then ................................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The last from me on this issue ,,,, I think that use of smileys and other emotion icons does help place whether the post is aggressive or intent on upsetting someone.
I personally make sure that my jokes are taken as jokes by using ,,,,lol or any of these :):D:thumbsup::laugh::wink2::doh::eek::yikes::wtf::shrug::confused::(:banghead::mad::bike:....
They help place how you would like your post to be understood...
Any way all done and dusted as they say ....

Damn..funky...i wish that guy was here in illinois ..i would strap a pair of concrete boots on his rude ass...no call for disrespect...

Back