For Sale - actually free, except for shipping: 38mm carb holders

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
Went to stick the 34's on my 80 project and was so happy because I'd found 2 pairs of carb holders (boots) among my parts stash. But, alas, they are (apparently) both for the 38 mm carbs like as used on the 79's.

Dang.
So I have these 2 pair I will give away except I do need to get the shipping cost (UPS to your zip code) back, as I am partially unemployed.

One set is new.
The other has been used but looks essentially new as well. These were bought a few years ago when I tried in vain to troubleshoot the 38's on my '79. Never could. Had to throw those carbs out (gave them away for parts, actually). I think maybe there was some kind of internal crack in the casting, as nothing I could do would stop the right side from running rich. Slapped a set of 34's one and it ran great, right away.

So these boots are for '38's. One set has barbs one does not. You'd have to have your own clamps and gaskets. I don't recall where I got them but one probably came ON the bike and one is probably from Mike's - so not sure about the ethanol suitability.

I mean, I THINK these must be for 38's. The boots are supposed to be kind of snug even without tightening the clamp, right?
yeah....gotta be.

Anyway, this'll be a pay it forward opportunity for me. Over the years I have received soooooooo much great help and cheap or even free parts for old bikes.

So first person to respond may have them. Again I would need to be Paypal'ed the shipping cost once I ship them.

:)

Em

Back