adhesive like is on stickers or tape?

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
If you wanted to make some stickers with adhesive on the back, can you buy that adhesive to use at home?

That would be my take also, controlling the thickness of the adhesive will be the "sticking point" :cool: The thin vinyl will telegraph every ridge, bump, and lump. The spray glues tend to be designed for thicker apliques.

Max and gggary, your avatars are almost identical. Really threw me off and I though gggary was replying to himself......

If you want a very even coating on flat material then use a "bar coater". It is a smooth piece of metal bar with wire wrapped around so it looks like a coil:
Bar.jpg

Easy to make one your self. You need a nice smooth surface to to work on e.g. piece of glass. The adhesives are called pressure sensitive i.e. the more pressure they are applied with the harder they stick (non-linear relationship). Not sure where you will get the glue but perhaps the glue for floor vinyl could work. Alternative would be to put double sided tape on the label, or buy those labels for computer printers.

Last edited:
"Pressure sensitive" is a good term to have. I need this kind of glue every now and then. Most recently to replace the adhesive that somehow went away on a piece of foam inside headphones. It was like a little piece of that self adhesive weather stripping but the sticky part wasn't sticky anymore. I ended up using double sided scotch tape, but sometimes I wouldn't want the extra thickness.

Back