1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Adios my two wheel friends.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by weekendrider, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Rest in peace Dan
    Say Hi to xsjohn for us
    Skip

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS

So sorry for your loss. Dan will be missed and remembered fondly here.

3. robinc

robinc Member of the 'yellow meter gang'

So sorry to hear that news but he's at peace now. Condolences to the family. Dan will be missed here, but not forgotten.

4. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650

Very sad.
    Sometimes life seems so fragile.

5. Known Dan for a while now, ever since i joined 650Rider.........that was a ride over there.........Straight shooter......... Never met the man and as others on here have said i count him as a friend..........

Condolences to the family.........he will be missed. Not just by us and his family but by those he gave to selflessly as well, who may have never known what he done to help them............ I am talking about his generosity to those who needed it like around Christmas time when Dan would donate food to those who didn't have.

RIP Dan.
    XSJohn - Weekendrider.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  6. grizld1

grizld1 Grumpy old man

I miss Dan's kindness, sharp awareness, and sense of responsibility for others. One example will suffice. At the second Ozarks rally we noticed that Dan was no longer in the rearviews and went back looking for him. He'd seen a cow loose, so he stopped, got the critter back in the pasture (I don't know how, he didn't have a rope!), and knocked on the farmhouse door to let the owners know they had a security breach. None of the rest of us had seen the beast.

nj1639, yamageddon, geedubya and 8 others like this.
  7. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650

Count me as someone who did not know him.
    It is in such acts of kindness and responsibility that can define a person.
    I wish I had met Dan.

8. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru

My condolences to Dans family. A good man gone too soon. RIP Dan.

9. I did get to ride with him in Tennessee. Just the two of us on the back half of the ride. I’m sure the world is a better place because he was here.

10. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru

U.S.A.
    Reminds me of the time a road was covered with a flock of sheep and I stopped at the first house to tell somebody, and the guy said they belong to that son of a bitch so and so, and he lets them just go everywhere.

Regarding his generosity, for the last ten years I've been running neck bearings he gave me.

yamageddon, Skip, MaxPete and 2 others like this.
  11. Scripto VU

Scripto VU Dukes Speed and Custom

usa.
    I am relatively new to the site but feel a real kinship to many of you, certainly Dan.
    Throughout my life's experiences-- unexpected friendships are the BEST ones.
    Godspeed , Dan

12. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Addict

This kindness and respect among members here is something like no other forum. Wish I knew the guy. To all those here that have known him I am sorry for your loss. Hope he has a nice XS of his dreams wherever he ends up.

13. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie

Superjet stated it perfectly for me. RIP
    tim

yamageddon, gggGary, MaxPete and 6 others like this.
  14. funky

funky XS650 Junkie

My heart felt sympathy to Weekendrider's friends and family.

15. ShawnNYC

ShawnNYC XS650 Member

NY
    Well said Superjet.
    Rest in peace

16. JimD54

JimD54 "No...Try not. Do ... or do not. There is no try."

Nice Doug...

gggGary, MaxPete and robinc like this.
  17. MaxPete

MaxPete Winter is coming - dammit!

Indeed - well done Doug.

Pete

gggGary and JimD54 like this.
  18. yamageddon

yamageddon XS650 Addict

Just got back from abroad and I just read this. I don't know what to say...It's hard for me to express myself in a language that is not my own. I can only repeat all the nice words you guys said about Dan and multiply that by a large number. Dan Petitt the man on the other side of the ocean in a country far far away who surprised me with a message in my Inbox asking if I was still looking for that spring for my throttle shaft. Amazing...I already gave up and thought I would never get a hold on such a hard to get carb part. He send it to me without charge. So I sent some Dutch treats back to thank him and had a little email chat how much his 'little bride' loved the syrup waffles... Rest in peace Dan...for me you're the kinda guy people wish they had met in real life. I wish all strength to his family, friends and especially his little bride.

nj1639, geedubya, MaxPete and 5 others like this.
  19. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru

geedubya, yamageddon, MaxPete and 3 others like this.