Aftermarket Speedo and Tach-No action

Britman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
The latest issue on the "Smurf" bike is no speedo and tach. I have good cable movement on both cables but not a darn thing on the gauges. I know the bike sat for years and I tried an electric drill on the tach only, but no luck. Apparently this was a setup with both gauges and idiot lights that was available from Mikes XS a number of years ago. All of the lower lights work great and it is a direct plug in to the wiring harness. (A couple of old early catalogs came with the bike and I found the set in there.) Any suggestions other than start shopping for replacements folks.......
DSC03277.JPG

Smurfy, that's an elaborate aftermarket set, bet it was costly. I'm a cheap ass bastard, any aftermarket with quality is gonna be pricey. Used original would probably be the best quality. Dirt cheap aftermarket would be no big gamble or loss.

Tiny digital electronic tach, ebay, electronic speedometer with idiot lights, Smurf Magic.

Scott

Last edited:
Tested the tach cable today with a old Honda 550 clock. Worked perfect. I have picked up a set of stock gauges from a fellow member here, priced right and hopefully will do the trick.......

Back