Wanted - aftermarket swingarm

The Radian swing arm is a little longer and a little wider. You will have to enlarge the chain adjusters and the axle slots to 20mm and relocate the lower shock mounts inward a little and make new axle spacers and get a longer 20mm axle (CB750 Honda maybe?). If your going to use the rear disc brake you`ll have to move the brake rod stay to the top of the swing arm. I think the Omar`s kit is 20mm bearings and the spacers are for the stock XS650 swing arm. I`ve done 2 of these conversions and have never found a 17mm ID bearing that would work with the stock Radian swing arm. Well worth the effort though.
xs today 006.JPG

Last edited:
Radian swingarms are really hard to find these days and people want crazy money for them, there’s a guy on VFT.com or is that.org that makes copies of them, they can be ordered with the proper shock mount spacing for either XS650 or SR500.

Radian swingarms are really hard to find these days and people want crazy money for them, there’s a guy on VFT.com or is that.org that makes copies of them, they can be ordered with the proper shock mount spacing for either XS650 or SR500.
U

U know a name?

that guy is just buying Radian arms and modifying them IIRC, and he gets $400-500 for them once they’re done

there’s a couple on eBay right now for ~$200

I think this vendor used to sell on eBait. This is from the VFT.
07-01-14-YamSwingArms.jpg

Cheney Engineering also makes a swing arm for the XS650
P-Swing-Arm1.jpg

I don’t think those are the ones I’m thinking of, the guy who made them had a thread on the old SR500 forum showing how he made them, the stock they were made from was sharper / less rounded on the corners than those, those are obviously radian ones, if they’re $400 I’d probably get one of the $200 ones first, it’s pretty easy to move the shock mounts, there is a guy I think his name is Joe Cude who sells shock mounts just like that, but I just moved the stock ones on mine.

I don’t think those are the ones I’m thinking of, the guy who made them had a thread on the old SR500 forum showing how he made them, the stock they were made from was sharper / less rounded on the corners than those, those are obviously radian ones, if they’re $400 I’d probably get one of the $200 ones first, it’s pretty easy to move the shock mounts, there is a guy I think his name is Joe Cude who sells shock mounts just like that, but I just moved the stock ones on mine.
The guy that made this arm was known as the mad or crazy Russian.
swing arm detail.jpg

Was on the bike when I got it many years ago.

looking for a wide swingarm that will bolt right up and be able to use the omar wheel conversion kit
I did not need a new swingarm for my conversion. The stock one worked fine.

Attachments

• 4A8D6483-2FA6-4D5C-B697-1D1C2E54B883.jpeg
    4A8D6483-2FA6-4D5C-B697-1D1C2E54B883.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 144
This post is for info only and is hearsay as I've not done the mods myself
On U tube there's a Guy who built a 74 XS 650 for Off road (nice bike) and he used a swing arm from a Suzuki DR 500S (81) The Alloy one NOT the steel one. Looks good but he did say it was about an inch longer and half an inch narrower at the wheel.
Also on the old Aus. 650 site there's a 650 with a Kawasaki swingarm. look for a turbocharged 650 from Victoria.
A Kawa dirtbike swingarm but i don't remember which model.
Cheers Maats.

Back