Air Cooled Twin Lovers In Charlotte,NC?

bandit78

Bob'r
Reaction score
:bike: Where are all the air cooled old school twins in Charlotte, NC?
Maybe I'm not hitting the right roads (or Bars) but I'm looking for a core group of yamahogers & vintage riders in Charlotte.
If your out there, lets network a bit and sort out a "meet and greet". Use this thread as a landing strip for ALL interested.
Perfect place for a meet...
40 Rod has cheap beer/pool/darts & live music website: http://fortyrodroadhouse.com/
40rod.jpg

Last edited:
And there's Yamasarus in the Concord/Kannapolis area. A great way to meet people into Vintage bikes is the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club.

Scott S - that's awesome, you guys have regular get-together's down there? and where? good bike swap meets and things are usually hours away so start'n something closer to home would be good for us all.
Yamasarus just registered with you guys thanks for the head's up.

Bandit, besides the usual bike nights, we try to make the Grapevine once a month. SoMoTo is on the second Thursday of every month at the Grapevine in Baxter. It's more cafe'/Euro/Japanese centric than most bike nights. Macs Speed shop also has a few more non-Harley guys show up as well.

If you're on Facebook, check out SoMoTo and Friends of the Queen City Aces.

We're working on getting some semi-regular swap meets going, too. They just had the first one, but I was at Barber that weekend.

Scott s SoMoTo looks perfect, I'll come check out the next event (weather permitting) for sure. look forward to meeting everyone I can there.

Last edited:
definitely. Somoto would be a good start. Some guys have been riding to the Quaker Steak and Lube as well, but I haven't been yet.

BUMP - for anyone to post meet's or event's a "short" ride from or in Charlotte, NC I'm not aware of.
I'll be attending Somoto this Thursday,
carshow2.jpg

Last edited:
There are quite a few of us planning on making Fromoto ( FROzenMoto) this week. My XS isn't on the road right now. I'll take either one of the Hondas or maybe my VW.

Back