Alfredo's Build Thread

SimpleBob from the forum came by and helped get the rear wheel mounted so we could finally see what the bike is going to look like. I tell you, it's really invaluable to have such a great resource as this forum. Especially when great amigos are willing to even come by your house and help get you motivated. Thanks SimpleBob!

update:
got the shocks mounted, the rear wheel on (thanks to SimpleBob) and the engine in. On to wiring and trying to get it started. . . . {crossing my fingers}

engine-in-frame.png

just got the wiring mostly finished and started it up for the first time in over a year. Good feeling to hear it roar, even if the idle is a little too high ;)

here is a picture from the other night. Looks pretty much like this now + electrical box. Hoping to get this beast dialed in after work tonight then get the tank and other goodies on for a test ride!

Screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-3.10.02-PM.png

You know the rules, if there isn't a video....

I recorded it, but the camera died midway. Spent about an hour trying to convert the video get it. I got some, but the sound didn't come through. Will make one tonight with a fresh battery :thumbsup:

It's stupid loud. . .

Got the bike out on the road yesterday. Did about five miles on it and it felt great! Still some bugs to work out, but it's drivable. It's loud, fast and fun. Real fun. Couldn't have done this without the help of the forum. Invaluable.

Here is a sneak peak. More pictures to come when I have some time.

Screen-shot-2011-04-25-at-3.00.02-PM.png

'Fredo, have you been trying to start it with those air cleaners on? if they have an inner lip, *that* might be the source of your carb issues...

'Fredo, have you been trying to start it with those air cleaners on? if they have an inner lip, *that* might be the source of your carb issues...

I have. They are the cleaners that were on there before. I just tried to clean them up and run with it. Are there better ones out there?

Not sure if they have an inner lip though.

take them off and see how it runs - don't go *riding*, but see if some issues disappear. If they have a lip, they tend to strangle the air holes in the mouth of the carb. Mike's has proper non-lipped ones for like $15 a side.

take them off and see how it runs - don't go *riding*, but see if some issues disappear. If they have a lip, they tend to strangle the air holes in the mouth of the carb. Mike's has proper non-lipped ones for like $15 a side.

Just checked and they do have a Lip on the inside. Going to get the ones from mikes when the money is right. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_8939.jpg
    DSC_8939.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC_8934.jpg
    DSC_8934.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC_8924.jpg
    DSC_8924.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC_8919.jpg
    DSC_8919.jpg