Alloy Champion Yamaha 750 race tank

Flattracker94

Flattracker94
Reaction score
YES, a Yamaha 750 Champion race tank...!!! I built this buck, patterned off a real Yamaha 750 Champion tank and will be producing quality "Alloy" 750 Champion Tanks. For vintage racing, show or street trackers. Pictured here next to the original glass tank. More to come in a few days..!!! Thanks Curtis

Attachments

• DSCN1938s.jpg
    DSCN1938s.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCN1941s.jpg
    DSCN1941s.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN1942s.jpg
    DSCN1942s.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 1,293
  • DSCN1944s.jpg
    DSCN1944s.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCN1946s.jpg
    DSCN1946s.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 475
lovely work . Will be keeping an eye out for the finished tank. :thumbsup:

Alas someone finally building something other than fiberglass tanks. Good to hear.
jefft

Hi, I'm new here. Helping to build a XS 650 flat track race bike for a racing buddy. Can anyone tell me who has taken over the parts business for Shell? I have a big bore 750
kit that I got from him some years ago, and I either lost the rings or never got them.
Can anyone tell me where to get rings and maybe some gaskets for this set up.
Thanks, Buck

Hi, I'm new here. Helping to build a XS 650 flat track race bike for a racing buddy. Can anyone tell me who has taken over the parts business for Shell? I have a big bore 750
kit that I got from him some years ago, and I either lost the rings or never got them.
Can anyone tell me where to get rings and maybe some gaskets for this set up.
Thanks, Buck

Hi Buck, As far as I know and from what I have been told by some race friends of Shell's, a lot of his good stuff was bought up by a few friends and collectors. I believe someone did take the company and tried to make a go at it, but it did not fair well and they did bad business. Other people are making copies of stuff. The best race set-up is to run a copper head gasket and wire o-ring, the machine work has to be done correct. If this is something you interested in, you can contact me, send in your head and cylinder and I can get you taken care of. I can also supply you with the rings you need. Shop number is 240-347-4663 M-F 10-6 ask for Curtis

55panman, I suggest you talk with Michael Morse at 650Central.com. He's very familiar with XS competition bikes, the best components that work for both flat track and vintage road racing, and how to set everything up. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and Michael won't steer you wrong.

Back