1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Alloy Champion Yamaha 750 race tank

Discussion in 'Shops' started by Flattracker94, Nov 7, 2013.

1. YES, a Yamaha 750 Champion race tank...!!! I built this buck, patterned off a real Yamaha 750 Champion tank and will be producing quality "Alloy" 750 Champion Tanks. For vintage racing, show or street trackers. Pictured here next to the original glass tank. More to come in a few days..!!! Thanks Curtis

Attached Files:

2. Enginerd

Enginerd XS650 Enthusiast

Lookin good so far! I can't wait to see the first alloy tank!

3. peanut

peanut XS650 Guru Top Contributor

lovely work . Will be keeping an eye out for the finished tank. :thumbsup:

4. jefft

jefft XS650 Junkie

Alas someone finally building something other than fiberglass tanks. Good to hear.
    jefft

5. Here is a finished tank for everyone to see. Thanks Curtis

Attached Files:

6. 55panman

55panman XS650 Member

Hi, I'm new here. Helping to build a XS 650 flat track race bike for a racing buddy. Can anyone tell me who has taken over the parts business for Shell? I have a big bore 750
    kit that I got from him some years ago, and I either lost the rings or never got them.
    Can anyone tell me where to get rings and maybe some gaskets for this set up.
    Thanks, Buck

7. 55panman

55panman XS650 Member

Hi, I'm new here. Helping to build a XS 650 flat track race bike for a racing buddy. Can anyone tell me who has taken over the parts business for Shell? I have a big bore 750
    kit that I got from him some years ago, and I either lost the rings or never got them.
    Can anyone tell me where to get rings and maybe some gaskets for this set up.
    Thanks, Buck

8. Hi Buck, As far as I know and from what I have been told by some race friends of Shell's, a lot of his good stuff was bought up by a few friends and collectors. I believe someone did take the company and tried to make a go at it, but it did not fair well and they did bad business. Other people are making copies of stuff. The best race set-up is to run a copper head gasket and wire o-ring, the machine work has to be done correct. If this is something you interested in, you can contact me, send in your head and cylinder and I can get you taken care of. I can also supply you with the rings you need. Shop number is 240-347-4663 M-F 10-6 ask for Curtis

9. vernk

vernk XS650 Addict

$$? just curious

10. thill

thill XS650 New Member

wv
    Great looking tank !

11. rahndo

rahndo XS650 Addict

Price is on the other side of $900.

12. 55panman, I suggest you talk with Michael Morse at 650Central.com. He's very familiar with XS competition bikes, the best components that work for both flat track and vintage road racing, and how to set everything up. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and Michael won't steer you wrong.