Alternative Coil for 277 pamco?

Satch39

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've read just about every line of every thread on alternatives to the "Green Monster " Coils, but can't quite figure out if this one will work or not. http://www.motoparthub.com/DC6_5_Dy...daFAFk9Su-0_iPnXcLO6dy5q1YZe1VR1G4aAhHk8P8HAQ
I emailed Hugh and Pamcopete with an inquiry. Hugh responded "It should, but I've never tried it." Pete didn't respond.

Does anyone have a reason it wouldn't work? Or has anyone tried it?
Thanks in advance......

It is a 3 ohm coil, in that sense it should work. The question I still have, and did email Pete about and also did not receive a response, is with the "dwell control" requirement a lot of the mini-coils seem to specify as required and whether or not the Pamco ignition does have dwell control. On his site it states the dwell is fixed at 90 degrees, but I'm not sure if that equals "dwell control" or not. If someone can answer the dwell control question, I think that would qualify these or not. Good luck.

That's been my hang up on pulling the trigger. There's warnings right on the coil to only use this ignition and not that ignition. I called Dynatek and got no help there either.

Back