Alto 8 pack clutch kits

We actually just got moved into a house out here so I will be back up and running soon. Thank you all for your continued interest in these parts.

http://www.ironheartcycles.com/product/xs650-8-pack-clutch-kit

This guy sold me just the frictions. Until Ippy gets back up and running he at Iron heart was a pleasure to deal with.

Don't want to draw business away from a forum member. I'm sure the customer base will return to Ippy when he's ready to ship.

He charged me 70 bucks for just the frictions. I had a friend with a machine shop resurface my steels flat

Last edited:
Ippytattoo hope you are all settled in the new place. Wondering if you are doing any more clutch kits. I have another build going and the last set I got works great. Hoping for another set.

SCHMEEL you might send him a PM. He hasn't been on the site for a month.
He didn't get a huge amount of support from the community with this project.
I have one and did the converting of a later basket jus cuz.
No problems.

I had been waiting on Ippy or Ironheart to be back up and running for a while, tried pm on here and IG to no avail. So I started doing some research and found a place in Colorado that could order the alto discs for me. If anyone is interested the website is http://www.tfogwheelsports.com/m/index.htm the alto part # is 094700-250. You just need to get a hold of an extra steel plate which isn't that hard to come across. Otherwise there are plenty of instructions on the site about the install.

Yeah, its a shame he doesnt come around much anymore. Id like to buy a few things from him. There have been a lot of people with goods or services just falling off the planet.

Only took me about 4 years but I installed an ippytatoo 8 pack kit (8 frictions, 1 steel) in Madness. It's a 79 750 with many race spec parts. It has always slipped once it hit about 5G and came on the cam. I first tried 3 then all 6 HD barnett? springs and it still slipped. Put in the 8 pack this spring and slipping is gone.
Did you notice if it has any affect on the elusive "finding neutral while stopped" issue?
Neutral is EASY to find, can pop neutral at a dead stop without even fanning the lever. Not a lot of miles yet but some hard use. Would be great if ippytatoo went back to doing this.

+1 gggGary, while it cured slipping at higher rpm's the best treat ( 4 me) is the lack of "snatch" at take off. I am not an educated man but my best guess is the extra plate offered some xtra damping on take off helping the little springs on the back absorb the shock? Somewhat like Yamaha did with the extra plate.
I got busy with other things and stopped riding that bike several years ago. If I had to do it again I would have sourced an earlier clutch and not done the machining to a later clutch. I think on a dollar 4 dollar basis it would be cheaper. But I don't own a lathe. . . .

Back