aluminium corrosion

I don't have any shares or any ties to this product. It's just so dam good, it would have been sold in the old wild west as to cure everything from piles to making you attractive to every women you met.

The womens around here put their ankles behind their ears to attract men. :wink2::wink2::wink2:

"Scotch-Brite pads are appropriate. Don't use a steel or copper wire brush. Do not use steel wool or a copper scrubber. You'll introduce galvanic corrosion. Aluminum wool is good to use. "
So take scotch brite pads to get rid of the dark spots and then aluminum polish afterwards?

"Scotch-Brite pads are appropriate. Don't use a steel or copper wire brush. Do not use steel wool or a copper scrubber. You'll introduce galvanic corrosion. Aluminum wool is good to use. "
So take scotch brite pads to get rid of the dark spots and then aluminum polish afterwards?

That's one good way to do it. Aluminum oxide paper is good if you need to get aggressive. I saw some chemical aluminum oxide remover at my local hardware store and made a mental note to try that some time. A brass wire brush is safe to use if you need it.

Will 0000 grit steel wool induce galvanic corrosion even if I rub it with met-all aluminum polish right away afterwards?

You will imbed steel into the aluminum. The aluminum is anodic to the steel and you get corrosion. A good example of this is when you remove a steel bolt from the aluminum case and find white powder on the bolt instead of rust. That's galvanic corrosion. The aluminum corrodes and the steel doesn't.

Use aluminum wool, scotchbrite, or aluminum oxide paper.

If you have a compressor and a die grinder, Roloc discs are the hot set-up. They are basically Scotchbrite material adhered to little round discs. I do very little sanding at all anymore. The fine (blue) will quickly remove corrosion and fine scratches, the very fine (gray) will give a halfway decent shine (ready for buffing), and the medium (red or maroon) will quickly remove deep scratches and nicks. You don't want to use any more aggressive than the mediums on aluminum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-2-Roloc-...5482693&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=280632216275

Back