1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

And for my next trick ....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nighthog, May 25, 2018.

1. nighthog

nighthog Lifelong member of the Easily Led Club

I fitted Progrip 714 grips and love them. Put them on my DRZ too.

Grimly, Paul Sutton and Mailman like this.
  2. nighthog

20200919_151844.jpg 20200919_151636.jpg

Well, I had to cut a bit from the side panels to clear the wider tank and fuel taps, but it's finally all in place and I'm happy. I'll fit the chrome headlight over the winter as that will involve faffing about with wiring.

Attached Files:

3. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

That came out really nice!

Jim likes this.
  4. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Yes, very nice!!

5. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Very nice indeed!

Jim likes this.
  6. Jan_P

Jan_P XS650 Addict

Sweden
    Regarding Grips and Damper

IMAG0002.jpg

Got a newer phone with a better camera
    Foam grips with larger diameter Installed Many years ago .
    And dampers at the end.
    It is working very well for me ..
    I get some criticism for the oversized mirror. It appears larger in the Photo
    But it also works very well out on the Road

Paul Sutton, Jim and gggGary like this.
  7. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

How did this bike not get nominated for the calendar? :umm: She's a beauty Cliff!

Raymond, Mailman and azman857 like this.
  8. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Still Looking Good Top Contributor

Nighthog, a very nice bike indeed! It retains the spirit of the XS but with a nice modern trim to it. In fact your design looks timeless. When Yamaha made their retro model they should have spoken to you first :bike:.

Jim, Mailman, gggGary and 1 other person like this.
  9. Raymond

Raymond XS650 rider, fettler, setting out on a journey XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

There's always the 2022 calendar . . .

Jim, Mailman and gggGary like this.
  10. nighthog

Well folks, you're all very kind. I think it looks pretty good, but then I'm biased!
    It's now wearing a Motolanna chainguard, and after I've fitted the billet (Motolanna again) headlight brackets and new chrome headlight over the winter I think I'm pretty much there as far as cosmetics are concerned.

I'm happy :D

11. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Your bike truly is very very pretty Cliff and in my view, criticism from people who are NOT riding my bike (or at least, the same bike that I am riding) isn't worth a pinch of coonsh!t.

You only have to please the person staring back at you when you are shaving.

Pete

GLJ, Raymond, Jim and 1 other person like this.