1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

....and the Agony of Da-Feet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jim, Jul 12, 2020.

1. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

This is GOOD GOOD GOOD news - well done Jim.

I’d place foot trouble right up there with toothaches - impossible to ignore and darned difficult to live with.

Keep on keepin’ on! :rock:

Pete

2. Raymondo

Raymondo XS650 rider, fettler, setting out on a journey XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Gotta look after yer feet, they're the best ones yer ever gonna have.

Looks like you're on the mend, these things take time.

3. madmax-im

madmax-im Yamaha...Go your own way... XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Glad to hear you're on the mend and that your pain is lessening...before long you'll be walking around your 'hood.....:D

4. DaveO

DaveO XS650 Addict

trucking.jpg

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Dave

5. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Hey Jim---Glad to hear that your updates are all showing great progress. Sometimes we take our "good" health for granted until we loose it......

tim

6. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Well as Jim's foot is getting better maybe it is time to post a picture of what a "real sore foot" looks like!

foot.png

That gash was not the cause of the problem it was done by doctors to determine if there was dead matter in there that might require the foot to come off! As bad as it looks it was actually good inside. The best guess is maybe some nasty bug bite started it! That swelling and redness went all the way up to the knee.

After consultation with a doctor in Columbia, the country the guy was visiting when the problem started, and getting advice on course of antibiotics they would use the foot has improved to the point it doesn't look much worse than Jim's!

7. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

I could mention that I had "exploratory surgery" myself yesterday but don't think it would count much in context of these feet!

Two little at the most 1/8 inch snips, one from tip of nose and one above left knee. They are sending samples out to see if they are anything to be concerned about. I'll spare you the gory pictures, besides not sure I could get a close up that actually would show anything!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  8. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Good grief, guyz.
    *Owch!*
    I can feel that all the way down here...

9. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

My artificial knee started aching this morning - I knew something was up with my buddies....

Paul Sutton, Raymondo and Jim like this.
  10. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

3 week update:
    Yesterday was 3 wks so..... Still a fair bit of swelling... as expected. It is down enough that I can get some shoes on, so I did a bit of long overdue weed whacking today. Overdid it.. more swelling... back on the ice. Still pretty tender but I think it's going in the right direction. We'll get there. :)

aldo5468, gggGary, timbeck and 10 others like this.
  11. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

You’re on track and doing good there buddy! The worst is over! :thumbsup:

12. Raymondo

Raymondo XS650 rider, fettler, setting out on a journey XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

At least you know you overdid it. Bit of patience needed . . .

gggGary and Jim like this.
  13. MaxPete

Good news Jim - congrats!

gggGary, Jim and Raymondo like this.
  14. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Hi Jim---Glad you are doing better, but now is not the time to over do it..........

tim

MaxPete, Raymondo, Jim and 1 other person like this.