another 650 bobber build

yea its not going to be a normal cruising bike...more like a rat rod...very uncomfortable for short rides and park it.... i wanted it to look as chopped and dropped as possible.

The front fork has to be charged and the back tire is a little flat too, so it will go up about an inch or so also.

This build is very different. Probably the shortest backbone I've ever seen on a bike. What is the measurement from the steering stem nut to the rear axle? Looks like you're trying to squish a tank, seat, fender, and wheel into the space of the a normal tank... very compact looking.

yea. The short wheel base is something I was going for. I want it to have that board-track racer vibe....

Ill mesure the wheel base when i get home...

but here are some updates...
CIMG0050.jpg
CIMG0048.jpg
CIMG0048.jpg

I was thinking gloss black with flat black pin stripes. what do you guys think.

I alos ordered the points conversion kit from mikes xs, so hopefully ill get the motor rolling soon!

speaking of it being low... especially with the shape of the frame jutting out in front down low.
Be safe out there brother and be aware of pot holes and speedbumps that will throw you over the front in a blink.
I dig the pipes

For normal cruising purposes that height is fine. You probably won't be able to do any steep curves, but that's really not what the bike is for anyway, right? Putting foot-pegs down at that height might be a problem though. As far as the chain goes, a jackshaft is always an option. There's rarely a problem that can't be solved with a little more half-assed ingenuity. Take what you can get your hands on and make it suit your purposes. I totally dig it.

If you have $100 or so to spare, a Kikker tank would be PERFECT for that bike, if you have to have a sporty tank. Or you could chop that tank to fit!

This kind of why-the-fuck-not work is the essence of chopping, brother. This is not just another 650 bobber build. That's exactly like a chop in every way... except one-eighth it's size. :thumbsup:

Back