Another BS34 problem

There will be connected drilled passages under where that ball was, they need to connect to each other and be sealed off from the outside. AFAIK you are the first in the history of the XS to have removed that ball and seen exactly what is under there. :lmao:;):rolleyes:

Did gas run out when you removed that float drain? I kinda think this side should "run" even with that hole wide open.

Sorry - see the 2 small holes, top & bottom of the opening? Fuel mix sprayed out when engine back-fired so they are clear but she still wouldn't run on that side when I had a temporary cap over the big hole.

I really wish I wasn't the 1st in history to see what is under there!
Fuel did run out the float bowl on prime. It also spat out of the little holes when they were uncovered when the engine was running. Perhaps i should try sealing the end with a nail head or similar & trying again.
i'm so mad with myself - especially as the bike is coming along well otherwise. Today got the seat back from having new roadster style cover fitted & the hump shaved down slightly - looks good. Also recently fitted new tyres, slotted front disc, done some polishing etc. but can't ride her.
Got the tacho off at the moment to try to replace the tiny screws in the face. One has been rattling around in there for a while & when trying to get her to run on both cyls the other screw has vibrated out & allowed the whole face to slip round. Struggling to get the glass off, have seen the tutorial but photos only - are there any words?
Got a job lot of 3 XS tachos & idiot light blocks coming off ebay on Monday I hope so might use one of those & have different warning light arrangement. I've removed the RLU so got a spare light.
Any more thoughts gratefully received.

Back