Another Heritage newbie

Desert dog

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
WOW! It looks like I came to the right place. I'm another over 50 owner that is looking to ride again. I was sold on these bikes years ago when I was riding a '74 XS650 and am looking forward to breathing life into another one.
I purchased an 82 Heritage that had been sitting for 15 years with some assembly required. THe odometer reads 21k miles. The old girl is in pretty rough shape but was running when parked. I plan to bring her back to life with just a few modifications. I would like to lower the bike a couple of inches as it seemed to look great with a lowered stance when strapped down to the trailer. Not to mention that I'm vertically challenged.
I have many years of shade tree automotive experience and a decent shop and tools. What I dont have is the experience and knowledge of these bikes that seems prevelant here. So with your help and patience, Let the Fun Begin!
Regards

Yes it does. The PO was a motorcycle mechanic and he took the bike in on trade for some work. Unfortunatley he pulled the seat to keep it from deteriorating and left the electricals expposed to the Arizona weather for a year or so before storing it inside.
He did kick it over regularly.

Back