ANOTHER jetting thread. I know what I'm talking about now... I think...

so it wants to die when i slow down like for a stop sign or to turn. and it seems weak while accelerating. while just idling it will almost die for a second then come back. Carbs are completely clean and the jets are new. cant figure it out. might be putting baffles back in...

jetting isnt a one time guess and it works.....your jetting isnt right.

what jets are in it now....dont even mess with the stock air jets, keep them stock. Try a 135 main and stock pilot jet.....go right back to stock.

So back to stock air jet, down on pilot and main? I might work on it with baffles. Its pretty loud without them. Is there a way to do fuel injection on these? haha

1 up on pilots and 2 on mains. Pod filters too. I put the baffles back in. Gonna have more time to mess with it tomorrow. Maybe tonight...

Posted via Mobile

I've been reading the carb guide, following this thread, and it playing with my carbs trying to get them right.

BS38, new carb holders, no leaks in diaphragm, clean, open baffled pipes, pods.

Stock it won't run off idle, so I put the 145/50 in because that's what was in my other carbs. I was peeling out and running good until one of the plugs started fouling out. So after reading here I thought I was way too big.

So I went down to 137.5/30 and it has a huge flat just off idle. Dropped the needle one and that made the flat spot go away but now it won't idle. Went up to 35 and 45 but that just makes things worse. There is a ton of gas going in. The plug that was fouled is now washed and gas is coming out the exhaust pipe.

It seems that it should have had way too much fuel when I was at 145/50, but it was running good until it was a bit rich on one side.

Anyway, I'm still reading and working on it to get it running right again. I'll work on it some more next weekend after Christmas. I can't wait to go riding.

1 up on pilots and 2 on mains. Pod filters too. I put the baffles back in. Gonna have more time to mess with it tomorrow. Maybe tonight...

Posted via Mobile

are the carbs synced close? that will make for erratic idle too. When you drive it is it a flat spot or does it spit and sputter under throttle.

are the carbs synced close? that will make for erratic idle too. When you drive it is it a flat spot or does it spit and sputter under throttle.

Perty close, haha. i made the sync tool out of a stick and clear line. im gonna try it again with jets in the line so the fluid doesnt jump around so much.
it just seems weak. it sputters at idle and just above. and through the range it seems weak. its not redlining or anything like that but it seems like it would take a month to get to 70mph...

Soooooo, im back to what it was before i messed with it. and its the best it has been so far. Im at stock pilots, 142.5 mains and like 2 3/4 turns out on the screws. baffles back in. im gonna recheck my valves tomorrow. Cant think of what else it could be. It is at about 4500rpm at 65/70mph. Is that right?

It was actually white. I put new plugs in but haven't ridden it yet. We'll see. What Rpm should I be doing plug chops at?

Posted via Mobile

Back