Another New Guy from PA

geoholl

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Just finished my bike in time for some cold weather :( It will be a long winter wait until I can get some real riding time but here is a pic. Bet you can guess what side of PA I am from...:D

Geo
DSCN2665.jpg DSCN2666.jpg DSCN2664.jpg DSCN2668.jpg

Welcome! Is that a wiseguys stretched and braced swingarm? Looks to be about 4 inches.

I have the same swingarm on one of my projects. I ended up mounting the battery to the front of it. You can't really see the battery box in this picture very well but the fender struts bolt to it. The fender can move back about 1 1/4" because there are slots in the battery box where the struts mount. The battery actually sits between the arms of the swingarm because I removed stock brace and added my own.

swingarm.jpg

I have the same swingarm on one of my projects. I ended up mounting the battery to the front of it. You can't really see the battery box in this picture very well but the fender struts bolt to it. The fender can move back about 1 1/4" because there are slots in the battery box where the struts mount. The battery actually sits between the arms of the swingarm because I removed stock brace and added my own.

Looks like you have way more talent and tools than I do, I did everything in my one car (and everything that the wife can't find a place for) garage, got my ears beat back by her a few times when I was priming the tank and fenders. But now that it's done I really miss the work. I truly enjoyed every minute of it and every busted knuckle..lol. I'd actually like to do another one some time now that I learned a few things, but it will have to wait. Winter is coming and my "work" area is where her SLK gets stored until spring.

Geo

At least you can finish a project. That's the second battery box, second seat, and second time I did the seat rails on that project. My garage also doesn't have any room for a vehicle anymore. It's kind of turned into my shop and is full of tools, parts, and bikes.

Geoholl,

Did you paint that yourself? Looks good! Did you have to rejet for those pipes?

I have a friend that wouldn't let me paint it..lol He has a body shop and waited until he had a black car to paint and shot mine at the same time. I came up with the theme and created the ripped Steeler logo.
I didn't rejet, and it actually seems to be running better with more power since putting the shorties on.

Geo

Caught a few nice days here to ride... I learned a lesson: Never do a project bike during the summer "unless" you have another bike to ride! It will be a long winter now that I will be waiting for riding days..

G

Ah yes... very good lesson. That's what my FZ1 is for. No matter what state the other bikes or projects are in, the FZ1 is ready to ride.

Back