Another PM Swap question.....sorry

tsommers

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
With any luck i should be getting Hugh's Bracket and regulator kit in the mail by the end of the week and then im ready to swap......now my question. Im currently using the TC bros wiring harness for my points ignition, and in conjunction with that my stock voltage rectifier and regulator. With the provided voltage regulator from Hugh's kit will i be able to just get rid of the stock regulator and rectifier and just take my two new Power wires and wire them into my existing harness? Sorry if this is worded in a confusing way but my main question is simply can i get rid of the stock rectifier and regulator?

Thanks

The stock rect/reg will not work for PMA swap. Hugh will be sending you one that will if I'm not mistaken?!

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
The stock rect/reg will not work for PMA swap. High will be sending you one that will if I'm not mistaken?!

Posted via Mobile

Correct, im getting one of his regulators, so the stock rectifier and regulator are classified in the "stock crap to get rid of" pile.

We really need to see about stickying a PM conversion thread I think. :D
I spent a bunch of time on here reading about it and there's quite a few threads now. Just saying it might be easier if we could stash all the info at the top in one thread.

Hugh-Punkskalar did a conversion thread. Whether it got stickied or put in the TECH section at the top of the page...

Yep just checked. It's in the TECH at top of page. #3 under electrical. Has what you need.

Back